Scuba Diving in Bermuda

GWAE

Has anyone gone Scuba diving in Bermuda at the end of March. We will be there 3/29-04/01. I have read online that some people say you need wetsuits this time of year but the water temp appears to be around 70 which is similar to what it is when we swim in Atlantic City. Others have said that you don't need so looking for someone that has actually done it instead of an article. 

• 3 weeks later...

You may be warm swimming without a wetsuit in 70 degree water. But remember the motto for diving is if you are moving you are going to fast. So without constantly moving you are going to get cold. And just remember your training even with a surface interval your body won't complete warm up between dives

I'm going to be overnighting in Bermuda (Dockyards) in mid-April. I'm considering taking my gear along for a two-tank dive one of the mornings we're in port.

I've looked into water temps, as I'm a bit of a wimp when it comes to cold weather. I wear a 2/3 full wetsuit even in Caribbean water temps! I checked with Blue Water Divers and was advised "April tends to still be around high 60s low 70s and so a 5mm is advised." I might just rent a 5mm suit when I'm down there, and save the space/weight in my luggage.