Accessible cabins

marienbad

I called Crystal yesterday to find out if they had accessible cabins available on the Serenity. I need a cab in big enough to accommodate a scooter with a bathroom with a rollin shower with grab bars, rollin sink etc.

I was told that there were aquamarine accessible cabins available but the agent although nice did not seem sure of the details and the website is similarly vague.

I would like to see a detailed floor plan. A video would be helpful. Or maybe the contact info for some knowledgeable person.

marienbad

3 hours ago, marienbad said:

I called Crystal yesterday to find out if they had accessible cabins available on the Serenity. I need a cab in big enough to accommodate a scooter with a bathroom with a rollin shower with grab bars, rollin sink etc.

I was told that there were aquamarine accessible cabins available but the agent although nice did not seem sure of the details and the website is similarly vague.

I would like to see a detailed floor plan. A video would be helpful. Or maybe the contact info for some knowledgeable person.

marienbad

Were the Aquamarines specifically what you were interested in?  Because there are also the four window staterooms on deck 7 as well (though I know you said available, so that might have ruled them out).  Those have been there as long as I can remember, so there are probably old videos available online, but we won't have new videos of them post-refit until after the renovations are done just before relaunch.

IMHO, this is probably where your agent might be priceless...  IME, they'll be able to get a more solid answer working through the sales organization than any passenger-facing CS person would.  Others may have a better lead though.

Vince

5 minutes ago, BWIVince said:

Were the Aquamarines specifically what you were interested in?  Because there are also the four window staterooms on deck 7 as well (though I know you said available, so that might have ruled them out).  Those have been there as long as I can remember, so there are probably old videos available online, but we won't have new videos of them post-refit until after the renovations are done just before relaunch.

IMHO, this is probably where your agent might be priceless...  IME, they'll be able to get a more solid answer working through the sales organization than any passenger-facing CS person would.  Others may have a better lead though.

Vince

We are all blind until the works are completed and they are accessible to view.

Probably five months from now

1 hour ago, Mr Luxury said:

We are all blind until the works are completed and they are accessible to view.

Probably five months from now

For visuals specifically, yes, as we always are with any refit or new build.

Vince

• Thanks 1

Symphony has two rooms on the port side of deck 5 that are specifically accessible and still shown on the deck plans. Serenity had rooms on deck 5, though I don't know if any were accessible, at one point. They no longer sell them, and may have stopped under Genting, I don't remember for sure. I do know the deck 5 rooms were commonly used for some of the guest entertainers from time to time and were less and less used for passengers.

The two rooms on Symphony that are on deck 5 are marked the same way as the 4 deck 7 accessible rooms (same color, etc).

And based on the old deck plans for the ships:

the Serenity deck 7 accessibles look the same size and specially marked as they did before.

Based on that, there is a decent possibility that they have similar features as the ones on Symphony did. This is a big assumption, but IF it's true, I've been in the ones of Symphony briefly as I was walking by one with my TA family friend that was unoccupied and being cleaned, and she wanted to check it out for a client, and I took some pictures.

https://share.icloud.com/photos/05f7hBcrCqjqcE0c10fHjzTDw

Again, this was the other ship, in a different location, in 2019, but may indicate roughly how they used to set the up, but it does look like they have not gutted them, so they may have the same shower.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Embowaf said:

Symphony has two rooms on the port side of deck 5 that are specifically accessible and still shown on the deck plans. Serenity had rooms on deck 5, though I don't know if any were accessible, at one point. They no longer sell them, and may have stopped under Genting, I don't remember for sure. I do know the deck 5 rooms were commonly used for some of the guest entertainers from time to time and were less and less used for passengers.

The two rooms on Symphony that are on deck 5 are marked the same way as the 4 deck 7 accessible rooms (same color, etc).

And based on the old deck plans for the ships:

the Serenity deck 7 accessibles look the same size and specially marked as they did before.

Based on that, there is a decent possibility that they have similar features as the ones on Symphony did. This is a big assumption, but IF it's true, I've been in the ones of Symphony briefly as I was walking by one with my TA family friend that was unoccupied and being cleaned, and she wanted to check it out for a client, and I took some pictures.

https://share.icloud.com/photos/05f7hBcrCqjqcE0c10fHjzTDw

Again, this was the other ship, in a different location, in 2019, but may indicate roughly how they used to set the up, but it does look like they have not gutted them, so they may have the same shower.

Clear as mud at the moment then.

50 minutes ago, Mr Luxury said:

Clear as mud at the moment then.

They’re literally marked on the deck plans with a wheelchair icon — it’s not unclear.  We don’t have video or photos of how the rooms will appear after renovation yet of course, which was the OP’s request, but that doesn’t make it unclear.

Vince

• Like 2