Do you think I will have a problem bringing on board an underwater scooter?

mickeyhereicome

We own two Sublue underwater scooters, I have attached a photo. We are departing from San Juan and spending 4 days there before we board the Epic. Not only would we want to use them in PR but also on some of our stops. I looked at the prohibited list and I read that hoover boards and drones are prohibited items. Obviously, this is not the same. The only other thing I read is about batteries which the prohibited list says no large batteries. I did speak with an agent on chat that said batteries must be gel-cell, dry cell and FAA approved. These are FAA approved. Do you think I will have a problem? I had ead about people getting prior approval for drones that they store at customer service desk and check in and out each time for use in ports. What number would I call for that? From everything I read I shouldn't have an issue but many people do not know what these are. I would have nowhere to leave it if I cannot take them on.

nav.jpg

I brought my Lefeet S1 Pro with me on our 12 day cruise on the Getaway. No issue at all, I packed it in one of our checked bags. For added safety I kept the batteries in fireproof bags. Unfortunately we didn't have great water conditions with the exception of Barbados

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

I brought my Lefeet S1 Pro with me on our 12 day cruise on the Getaway. No issue at all, I packed it in one of our checked bags. For added safety I kept the batteries in fireproof bags. Unfortunately we didn't have great water conditions with the exception of Barbados

Great. Thank you! 

• Like 1

This pure speculation, but assuming you won't have a problem.

Pack them in checked luggage.  Put some note or the owner's manual on top just in case someone who checks into bags (x-ray screener?) doesn't know what they are. 

If they should somehow confiscate them or not let you use them, what are they going to do?  Throw it in the ocean?  Leave it on the dock?  You're already on board by then.  I'm just guessing they would impound it, like they do with bottles of booze people buy on shore.

• Haha 1

Just now, JGmf said:

This pure speculation, but assuming you won't have a problem.

Pack them in checked luggage.  Put some note or the owner's manual on top just in case someone who checks into bags (x-ray screener?) doesn't know what they are. 

If they should somehow confiscate them or not let you use them, what are they going to do?  Throw it in the ocean?  Leave it on the dock?  You're already on board by then.  I'm just guessing they would impound it, like they do with bottles of booze people buy on shore.

They won't impound them or leave them on the dock😆

On 2/19/2023 at 4:09 PM, mickeyhereicome said:

They are making us keep them at guest services unfortunately. This is going to get annoying since they have to be washed in fresh water after use. We will see how it goes. 

The don't want you jumping off the back to joyride the ships wake 🤪🤪🤪

On 2/19/2023 at 4:09 PM, mickeyhereicome said:

They are making us keep them at guest services unfortunately. This is going to get annoying since they have to be washed in fresh water after use. We will see how it goes. 

Thats crazy? How did they know you had them. I kept mine in a backpack and walk off and on the ship a half dozen times, thru the Xray machine and only once did security even ask what I had in the bag. I said two Gopro cameras and a underwater scooter. His response was that looks cool..... Lol