Platinum and Extra Specialty Dining Question..

js

7 minutes ago, lisa928 said:

When I look at the restaurants through the NCL app it says "please check back on 4/22/23 to book" which is 120 days before our 8/20/23 cruise (balcony room).  The thing is I am Latitude Saphire, so I was expecting it to be 125 days out.  Does this seem wrong?  Do I need to contact NCL to have it changed, as I want to do it through the app and not have to call.

Contact NCL through chat. It works well for those of us, like moi, that hate chatting on the phone! 

3 minutes ago, lisa928 said:

NCL says the date listed in the app that you cannot book before is generic 120 for everyone but at 125 I should be able to make reservations.  Anyone Platinum or above with a current sail more than 120 days away that can confirm?

I'm not platinum, but we have a Club Balcony suite and I was able to make my reservations 125 days out. I had the same generic 120 date listed until then.

On 2/20/2023 at 12:11 PM, BirdTravels said:

That is incorrect. The Dining Package has been dumbed down to be 1 app, 1 salad, 1 entrée, 1 dessert similar to the latitudes coupon.... making them essentially the same. One of your latitudes vouchers gives you a bottle of wine off the freebie list. 

https://www.ncl.com/specialty-dining-package/faq

All Specialty Restaurant menu items are included except Seafood Platter in Raw Bar. An SDP meal in a la carte restaurants includes 1 appetizer, 1 soup or salad, 1 main course and 1 dessert (does not apply to cover charge restaurants or Food Republic, Pincho Tapas Bar and Sushi, where a meal includes any 4 menu items). SDP does not include beverages and additional and/or premium menu items will incur charges.

On the Dawn, we were told with the dining package we could have an app and either a soup or salad and 2 sides.  The people next to us had a platinum voucher and were told 1 total for app, soup, or salad.  Not one app and one soup/salad like your post, giving us on dining plan more than if we had used our voucher.  Also, we were told we could have the 2 sides while the people next to us were limited to a single side.  

Maybe they are rolling out the changes one ship at a time??

On 2/25/2023 at 11:03 PM, Raleigh Traveler said:

On the menu. Each entrée has two sides listed but you are able to sub from the list of sides on the menu. For mine, the default was fries and coleslaw. I subbed the au Gratin for the fries. 

In Cagney's on the Dawn earlier this month, we were told we could pick 2 sides with the dining plan and people next to us were told 1 side with the platinum and above vouchers.

11 hours ago, js said:

Thank you all for your responses! Is it quicker to book at my 125 days on the app or my laptop. 

Thank you. 

I prefer the computer browser experience, but I think that's my Millennial self talking. I'm sure most others would prefer the app. It's pretty simple, either way. I just like having multiple tabs open so I can compare my itinerary, shore excursions, etc. 

• Like 2