East or West on Legend

sadiem

I can't say about the Eastern or Western on the Legend specifically but I can say that I prefer the Eastern just because of the ports there. I've been Eastern twice (I have my 3rd one booked). Of course I like some of the Western ports as well. There are so many ports to choose from, I try to go to as many different ones as possible. Even though I've been Eastern so many times I've never repeated more than a few ports and you can do the same with Western.

Is this your first cruise?

What sort of activities do you enjoy? (i.e. shopping, sightseeing, partying, scuba etc.....)

By just asking yourself a few questions you should be able to narrow down which side would be best for you.

Hope this helps....

We have done both Eastern and Western on the Legend. It would all depend on what you want to see. I enjoyed the Eastern the best, my DH liked the Western. Did enjoy going through the Panama Canal on the CCl excursion, but Didn't care much for Belize or Costa Rica. Both very poor countries and it was depressing seeing the living condidtions. On the other had Barbados and Martinique are beautiful islands. Felt very comfortable in all the stops on the Eastern.

I know this is no help for you, but just our personal opions.

We have cruised about 20 times, mostly the Caribbean and our first choice actually in the southern, but you didn't ask that. Our second choice is the eastern. Here are the basic differences: Eastern: better shoping: more variety in island scenery: overall better weather (of course this is determined by lots of things) and a bigger variety of tours: Western: better snorkeling, for sure. This is just my opinion and others will differ I am sure. NMNita

Archived