Smphony in Barcelona

Cannot find answers to my queries so hopefully my fellow cruisers on this forum can help.

We are travelling for the 1st time on the Symphony, departing Barcelona mid August 2023.

My need for help is -

• Flight home at 10.30am.  How can i be sure to get off early enough to catch the plane. Too senior to carry our own bags off.
  • Should i pre book a taxi to the airport or just hope for one outside the terminal. If so what time as that is an unknown.
  • Do i need to pre book shows on board and if so, how far in advance.

Hope some kind souls can assist me. Thanks in advance.

A 10.30 flight is cutting it fine IMHO, assuming it’s transatlantic. It’s doable, but you’re leaving very little contingency time. Ideally you’ll need to be at the airport by 8.30 and should allow half an hour to get there, so you’d need to be off Symphony by 8 at the latest. Which is easy if you’re self-disembarking, less so if you’re not.

I guess you could ask at guest services for a priority disembarkation slot and hope your luggage is taken off promptly.

Note that because Symphony is so big she’ll actually take up two terminals and luggage will be delivered to both so you need to make sure you go to the right one (it’ll depend on the number on your tag). There’s plenty of walking involved so if you need assistance you should book it.

Whichever terminal you arrive at, taxis are readily available right outside. There may be a short queue but it’s very efficient so you shouldn’t be waiting long.

Shows can now be booked online in advance, in your cruise planner. I think I read reservations open on the 1st of the preceding month - so July.

Edited by gumshoe958
  • Like 1

We are also sailing on Symphony from Barcelona mid August 2023. We are also on a 10:15 flight from Barcelona to Heathrow. We are planning on walking off the ship with our own luggage but our shuttle between the port and the airport was organised by our TA as part of our cruise package. If you are not able to carry your own bags off you can put in a Guest Special Needs Form with the cruiseline, explaining that you will need assistance to disembark. 

I would definitely prebook a taxi to the airport. Who knows what the situation will be at 6:00 a.m. when you're getting off the ship?

Can't answer about pre-booking shows. I think you can pre-book when they come available in the cruise planner.

See you on board!

Edited by gingerpeaches

We’ve cruised from Barcelona about a dozen times.

If you do self assist and walk off the ship at 07.00 you should be in a taxi ( €39.00 fixed rate ) by 07.20 and at the airport about 20 minutes later.

Or get an early disembarkation number.

There are literally hundreds of taxis lined up and absolutely no need to pre book.

When flying back to London Stansted we normally disembark about 07.30 and are at the airport by about 08.00

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1