Travel Insurance & Future Cruise Credits

Under what circumstances will Travel Insurance provide reimbursement for FCCs provided by a cruise line instead of a refund.  During the pandemic, cruise lines offered FCCs for future cruise bookings instead of refunds (for amounts paid) for trips they had to cancel.  In my case, the FCCs were transferred to 3 successive cruises that subsequently got cancelled and has now posted to a new trip where the final payment has been made and the cruise line no longer offers refunds or the continued use of those FCCs if I am unable to take the rebooked trip.  Further complicating my situation, the cruise line used one series of FCCs as a price adjustment (price reduction) on my billing statement.   

There are policies that cover FCC as a form of payment but only for the dollar value you actually paid. They do not cover bonus, incentive, or goodwill FCC granted by the cruise line. Be prepared to provide documentation.

If you have already made final payment, you will miss any time-sensitive benefits like CFAR or the pre-existing conditions waiver; however, if you are mainly interested in cancellation coverage for covered reasons - call now. The representatives are not scheduled to respond to these questions for several days.

Edited by Babr