What exactly is upsell?

It's the first of your definitions, although it's not necessarily a bigger room. It could be a better location, a cabin with a balcony (vs. oceanview only), etc. Generally, an upsell is when you're offered a higher category cabin at a discounted price. It typically occurs after the final payment date for a specific sailing, at which point NCL has a much firmer handle on which cabins are sold, not just under deposit. If you accept the upsell offer, your former cabin is then available for NCL to resell. It's a win-win situation for everybody.

For a lengthy thread discussing upsells, check out:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=299063&highlight=upsell

Ok I just read the other thread... Now my question is can you get an upsell straight from ncl?... I book my cruise online...I notice the poster used a TA. right now I have a F Cat oeanview and now I'm think I want a balcony. One more question do the Dream have balconies?..lol

Ok I just read the other thread... Now my question is can you get an upsell straight from ncl?... I book my cruise online...I notice the poster used a TA. right now I have a F Cat oeanview and now I'm think I want a balcony. One more question do the Dream have balconies?..lol

You can try to deal with NCL directly. Chances are, if an upsell is available, they will tell you that the upsell needs to be arranged through your TA. You then need to contact your TA and have them accept the offer from NCL. Or NCL will contact your TA and have them call you.

Yes, the Dream has balcony staterooms.

Archived