How to pay for someone not in the same room?

millacon

My daughter will be traveling as a solo and so will I (long story) in different staterooms but have linked our accounts on the app (at least she is showing up on mine). My question is can I use OBC or another way to pay for things for both of us like excursions, spa, etc. ? Would I have to do it on board or can I send her money so she can add to her account? This is our first Princess cruise. 

If onboard, would I be able to use some of my OBC to pay for her tips or drinks? I have the drink package but if she wants a drink (and I don't want to lose my package by buying one for her) will they allow me to purchase a drink for her? 

And do you know if Princess would allow her to have a medallion for access to my room if I want her to come in as she pleases (to wait for me and such)? 

When my brother and his wife cruised with us, at the first lunch, I ordered Soda and More for all four of us.  Princess would not let me charge their soda package to my cabin/account.  So I just handed him cash.  We did not have a large amount of OBC to use up at that time.

You can go to Passenger Services and they can program your medallions to open each others cabins. 

also, as @katisdale said you can have everything settled to your credit card. If you don’t want everything charged to your credit card she can register her own card to her shipboard account and you can visit passenger services and make a payment of whatever amount you choose.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, millacon said:

Will I be able to buy her a drink or anything else with my OBC?

if the accounts are all linked to the same credit card, then the charges will use the combined OBC first & charge the card after...as far as I know that is the only way to pay for her charges with you OBC...you can of course if you are in a bar buy someone a drink on your account...hope this helps

• Like 1

On one of our cruises, we took a friend with us to specialty dining.  When we booked the dining, we told them that we wanted to pay the cover charge for everyone.  We were charged for her dinner.

I also took another friend to the spa and told them I would be paying for both.  Charged correctly.  

I have no experience with paying for another rooms excursion(s), but hopefully it works the same as it did for specialty and spa.  

Good luck!

• Like 1