Questions about WiFi, drinks etc

Trixie21

Hi

Just working on finalising our first princess cruise booking , a 10 day British Isles on Silhouette.

I have a couple of questions about just booking princess standard versus Premier (free upgrade from plus to premier on this cruise ).

If we just booked princess standard what is the cost of the below add-ons?

- WiFi package - we would want 1 device each - i assume we could book this pre cruise ?

-Can you book an alcoholic drinks package for just one person? My wife is medically unable to drink either alcoholic or fizzy drinks so the package is of virtually no value to her.  If its not possible to book for one person I would prob just pay as I go if we go for the princess standard option.  I'm not a big drinker - 3 or 4 alcoholic drinks per day (glass of wine , maybe a cocktail or 2)  and maybe a couple of soft drinks. Does the drinks package include speciality coffees as I like a couple of those during the day as well.

-How much is a physical print of a photo taken on board ?

-I can see the cost of gratuities when I go through the booking stages so I can factor them in.

-The difference in booking princess standard and princess plus/premier is £1000 so I want to get some idea if this extra is worth it for us. Is there anything else I should be factoring in? We sometimes do a speciality restaurant but not always and usually just for one night so I wouldn't factor that in as a consideration.

Thanks for your help!

Here's my breakdown in US dollars

Grats $16 per person per day. 

WIFI $15 per person per day. 

$31 per person per day. 

Plus package $60 per person per day. So the drink part is $29 per person per day. 

Yes it covers unlimited specialty coffee, bottles of water, juice, soft drinks, virgin cocktails, etc and up to 15 alcoholic beverages per day.  

2 alcoholic drinks will cost about $30 after mandatory 18% gratuity.  

So if your wife drinks anything but the basic included beverages, it's worth it (to me at least).  

Photos will run about $20 a sheet. 

You can book the booze package as a stand alone at about $80 for just one person in the room.  But be aware, this doesn't cover grats or WIFI at an additional $31.  The cost for all combined would be $111, why not get both the plus package for an additional $9 per day?  

I would JUMP at the chance to get Premier at Plus price.  Just for the specialty dining. Let alone the 5 free hard copy photos and unlimited USB loaded photos.  And of course princess prizes (Ehhh, to me).  

And that's my opinion. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, justafem said:

Here's my breakdown in US dollars

Grats $16 per person per day. 

WIFI $15 per person per day. 

$31 per person per day. 

Plus package $60 per person per day. So the drink part is $29 per person per day. 

Yes it covers unlimited specialty coffee, bottles of water, juice, soft drinks, virgin cocktails, etc and up to 15 alcoholic beverages per day.  

2 alcoholic drinks will cost about $30 after mandatory 18% gratuity.  

So if your wife drinks anything but the basic included beverages, it's worth it (to me at least).  

Photos will run about $20 a sheet. 

You can book the booze package as a stand alone at about $80 for just one person in the room.  But be aware, this doesn't cover grats or WIFI at an additional $31.  The cost for all combined would be $111, why not get both the plus package for an additional $9 per day?  

I would JUMP at the chance to get Premier at Plus price.  Just for the specialty dining. Let alone the 5 free hard copy photos and unlimited USB loaded photos.  And of course princess prizes (Ehhh, to me).  

And that's my opinion. 

Thanks , thats a very useful breakdown!

1 hour ago, Trixie21 said:

Just working on finalising our first princess cruise booking , a 10 day British Isles on Silhouette.

Silhouette is a Celebrity ship. This is the Princess forum !

You either have the ship wrong, or the forum wrong ! 

I've been debating the upgrade from standard to Plus, too.  Here is what I've learned from speaking with a Princess customer service rep.  My numbers are in USD, but hopefully, it is still helpful for you.  If one cabin guest upgrades to Princess Plus ($60 pp/day) or Princess Premier ($80 pp/day), the 2nd guest has to do so too.  There are drink packages that can be purchased by a single guest in the cabin.  They are more expensive pp/day than the Princess Plus/Premier, but it might be cheaper than purchasing the Princess Plus/Premier for both guests.  Since you get a free upgrade from Princess Plus to Premier, I doubt you'll save any money by going this route, but I'll post the information below and you can run the numbers for your situation. There are also Soda & Coffee packages available, but since you mentioned alcohol, those are the only ones I'm listing below.  

The Princess Plus BEVERAGE Package (this is the beverage package that comes with Princess Plus) costs $76.70 pp/day.  This includes the 18% service charge.  

What is Included:

• The package includes all beer, spirits, wine by the glass and cocktails $15.00 USD and under as listed on our menu(s), or $22.00 AUD and under for voyages departing from and returning to Australia and New Zealand.
  • The package includes sparkling or still bottled water (500ml or less), fountain sodas, fresh juices and healthy smoothies (juice bar), specialty coffees and teas, Frappés at Coffee & Cones, and Red Bull energy drinks.
  • The package provides a 25% discount on the following excluded items: all bottles of wine, one-liter bottles of water and canned sodas.
  • The package may be used on our private islands, all food and beverage venues, and other areas such as the theater or public spaces that offer beverage service.

The Princess Premier BEVERAGE Package (this is the beverage package that comes with Princess Premier) costs $100.30 pp/day.  This includes the 18% service charge. 

What is Included

• The package includes all beer, spirits, wine by the glass and cocktails $20.00 USD and under as listed on our menu(s), or $30.00 AUD and under for voyages departing from and returning to Australia and New Zealand.
  • The package includes sparkling or still bottled water (500ml or less), fountain sodas, fresh juices and healthy smoothies (juice bar), specialty coffees and teas, Frappés at Coffee & Cones, and Red Bull energy drinks.
  • The package provides a 25% discount on the following excluded items: all bottles of wine, one-liter bottles of water and canned sodas.
  • The package may be used on our private islands, all food and beverage venues, and other areas such as the theater or public spaces that offer beverage service.
  • If dining at a specialty dining venue, a large (one-liter) bottle of still or sparkling water is covered by the package.

Both Beverage Packages have the following exclusions:

• The package does not apply to bottled spirits or bottled wine or any items offered in retail venues or shops on board.
  • The package does not apply to Mini-Bar items.
  • The package does not apply to souvenir Glassware.
  • The package excludes and is not combinable with other Programs, Promotions, Onboard Specials, or Events such as Wine Tastings, Chef’s Table, Buckets of Beer, Specialty Dining cover charges, or food items for sale such as ice cream, etc.

13 minutes ago, TN-Mountains said:

I've been debating the upgrade from standard to Plus, too.  Here is what I've learned from speaking with a Princess customer service rep.  My numbers are in USD, but hopefully, it is still helpful for you.  If one cabin guest upgrades to Princess Plus ($60 pp/day) or Princess Premier ($80 pp/day), the 2nd guest has to do so too.  There are drink packages that can be purchased by a single guest in the cabin.  They are more expensive pp/day than the Princess Plus/Premier, but it might be cheaper than purchasing the Princess Plus/Premier for both guests.  Since you get a free upgrade from Princess Plus to Premier, I doubt you'll save any money by going this route, but I'll post the information below and you can run the numbers for your situation. There are also Soda & Coffee packages available, but since you mentioned alcohol, those are the only ones I'm listing below.  

The Princess Plus BEVERAGE Package (this is the beverage package that comes with Princess Plus) costs $76.70 pp/day.  This includes the 18% service charge.  

What is Included:

• The package includes all beer, spirits, wine by the glass and cocktails $15.00 USD and under as listed on our menu(s), or $22.00 AUD and under for voyages departing from and returning to Australia and New Zealand.

The Princess Premier BEVERAGE Package (this is the beverage package that comes with Princess Premier) costs $100.30 pp/day.  This includes the 18% service charge. 

What is Included

• The package includes all beer, spirits, wine by the glass and cocktails $20.00 USD and under as listed on our menu(s), or $30.00 AUD and under for voyages departing from and returning to Australia and New Zealand.
  • If dining at a specialty dining venue, a large (one-liter) bottle of still or sparkling water is covered by the package.

• The package does not apply to bottled spirits or bottled wine or any items offered in retail venues or shops on board.
  • The package excludes and is not combinable with other Programs, Promotions, Onboard Specials, or Events such as Wine Tastings, Chef’s Table, Buckets of Beer, Specialty Dining cover charges, or food items for sale such as ice cream, etc.

Comprehensive reply, but unfortunately of no use whatsoever, as the OP says they are cruising on Celebrity Silhouette  !

4 hours ago, wowzz said:

Silhouette is a Celebrity ship. This is the Princess forum !

You either have the ship wrong, or the forum wrong ! 

Lol thanks for pointing that out.

I've been debating between Celebrity and Princess and decided on Princess for a number of reasons .

2 hours ago, TN-Mountains said:

What is Included:

What is Included

Thank you for the reply.

It gives me all the information I need to decide which to go for.

1 hour ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

And...they're not "following" their own posting....

I am just home for a short break from work before I go back in for another 8 hour shift which is why I am "not following" my post.

Silhouette was a mistake - I have been also looking at celebrity Silhouette from Southampton but have decided on Regal Princess.