Concierge IV or Aqua Class IV - Which is a higher class/cost stateroom?

Fish7

We're booked in 2 connecting concierge class Infinite Veranda staterooms on a cruise in July, on The Beyond. I just noticed the Aqua Class infinite veranda for our cruise is actually a lower cost than the concierge class. Aren't they both the same room, just with different amenities? The Aqua Class comes with the free access to the thermal spa and access to the Blu restaurant. Is it to be expected that the Aqua Class would be cheaper than the Concierge class?

If given the choice between the Aqua Class IV and the Concierge Class IV, wouldn't the obvious choice be the Aqua Class? Am I missing something?

We'd like the access to the thermal spa and Blu and would change to the Aqua Class now that it is actually less expensive. The only problem is they do not have any connecting Aqua Class rooms available and we'd like to keep our rooms connecting. Is it possible to keep the two connecting rooms we have now and change them to the Aqua Class with the amenities that come with it? Has anyone done something like this?

1 minute ago, Fish7 said:

Is it possible to keep the two connecting rooms we have now and change them to the Aqua Class with the amenities that come with it? Has anyone done something like this?

No, you would have to change cabins.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, Fish7 said:

Is it possible to keep the two connecting rooms we have now and change them to the Aqua Class with the amenities that come with it? Has anyone done something like this?

As above no.   Class of rooms are physical by nature in the here they are.   You would have to move rooms.  Aqua sometimes goes cheaper based on availability overall. It’s well worth it for thermal spa and blu.   But wanting connecting rooms you won’t have that in aqua class. 

• Thanks 1

Also, have you paid to upgrade your current concierge booking to all included (classic drinks package, WiFi, tips)?

Aqua, as far as I know, always has the all included package, so if indeed you've seen that for cheaper than concierge without the AI I'd jump on it if I was you (assuming there are no cancellation penalties etc for changing from concierge to aqua). 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the helpful replies.

Unfortunately, We will need connecting rooms so we won't be able to change to the Aqua Class if that would require moving rooms (an not being able to get connecting rooms with Aqua Class).

Would there be any chance of Celebrity doing something for us if I were to call? What would I even ask for that would be reasonable? Would it be reasonable to see if they could offer the thermal spa access for us if we can't get connecting rooms with Aqua Class (there is a package you can purchase to get thermal spa access).

This is our first cruise so I'm not sure how all this works and the things they can, and might be willing to do.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks in advance!

13 minutes ago, Fish7 said:

Would there be any chance of Celebrity doing something for us if I were to call? What would I even ask for that would be reasonable? Would it be reasonable to see if they could offer the thermal spa access for us if we can't get connecting rooms with Aqua Class (there is a package you can purchase to get thermal spa access).

In the circumstances, there really isn't anything you could reasonably ask for.

They will happily sell you a Spa package at the normal price, and that is all you could expect.

The Aqua cabins are designed not to be 'family friendly' intentionally, hence the lack of connecting cabins.

Edited by Mark_T
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Fish7 said:

Gotcha. I didn't realize the rooms themselves were actually different. I thought it was only the amenities that came with the room class booked.

Thanks for the clarifications.

The rooms theselves less so, more the bathrooms which have the spa shower with massage jets, heated mirrors etc. Also (apparently), the AQ rooms have some additional fitness equipment in the closet.

• Thanks 1