De Palm Island

little traveler

We had a great 1/2 day excursion here. One of the best of the trip. Wish we could have stayed longer!

A little bit about us - Me and DH (35), DS and her DF (38), DM (66) and DA (69). We are well traveled and enjoy relaxing on the beach and we are accomplished scuba divers.

The snorkeling was good here. Unfortunately, the reef is dead but there are a ton of fish. We purchased a tube of fish food from the store at the island's dock for $10 and had a great time feeding the fish. FYI do not hold the tube under the water until you are actully ready the feed the fish. The fish know what the tube looks like and swarmed me, ran into me, and nibbled on me they were so excited!:eek: It was super fun. The entry and exit to the water could not be easier and the water is very shallow. We saw several children (6 or 7 years old) snorkeling with their parents. My DA who had a double hip replacement in October snorkeled! We thought the food was decent (there were actually 2 buffets breakfast first than lunch) and we enjoyed free drinks the whole time - anything we wanted to drink they gave us. Just beyond the snorkeling area they made a nice protected cove and beach area great for wading and for children.

We had a lot of fun here!

I really want to go there! Did you book it on your own, or through your ship? I've sent them 2 emails and they never replied.:confused:

How long did you spend on the island?

Many thanks- glad that you had such a great time!:)

Archived