Where would CruiseFirst Certificate be on my NCL account?

Hi Everyone:

I was accidently charged for 2 Cruise First certificates back in January and my TA is working with the company on a refund of one. (I don't have the money right now to have $250 floating, even though I know it's a good deal.) I believe the second one has disappeared off my account, which hopefully means a pending refund although not on my credit card yet, but I am not positive I am in the right spot. 

On a full-sized laptop I am looking under "My Account" and I thought it used to be right below my upcoming trip to the right of "My Profile." Am I looking in the right place? Any help greatly appreciated!

33 minutes ago, SeekingKillerWhales! said:

Hi Everyone:

I was accidently charged for 2 Cruise First certificates back in January and my TA is working with the company on a refund of one. (I don't have the money right now to have $250 floating, even though I know it's a good deal.) I believe the second one has disappeared off my account, which hopefully means a pending refund although not on my credit card yet, but I am not positive I am in the right spot. 

On a full-sized laptop I am looking under "My Account" and I thought it used to be right below my upcoming trip to the right of "My Profile." Am I looking in the right place? Any help greatly appreciated!

If you truly were "accidentally charged," then report it to your credit card company and you'll have your funds back immediately.

I can't speak for cruise first, but the cruise next certificates show up on the "make a payment" page.

24 minutes ago, LloydJr said:

If you truly were "accidentally charged," then report it to your credit card company and you'll have your funds back immediately.

I can't speak for cruise first, but the cruise next certificates show up on the "make a payment" page.

My TA is trying to take care of it - it's just a very slow process. But since it went through his company, I wanted to do what he wanted. Honestly, he's offered to just pay me for it, but we've decided if not refunded in a couple weeks I will do the fraudulent charge.

I don't have a "make a payment" page, probably because I need to pay the TA and not NCL for the balance. But I did try adding an excursion and going in to pay that, and still nothing there. But thanks for the help!

6 minutes ago, hallux said:

Sign in to the website, click on My Account in the top right and then My Account and it should show in coupons and credits.  No need to do a mock booking to the point of payment to see them as suggested by @LloydJr

Thanks Hallux. It doesn't show any coupons, and when I did try and do a mock booking, it did not appear. So definitely been removed, now I just have to see when they will finally refund it. I think it should be the moment they remove it..... but NCL accounting seems to be very different from we mere mortals. 🙂

1 hour ago, SeekingKillerWhales! said:

My TA is trying to take care of it - it's just a very slow process. But since it went through his company, I wanted to do what he wanted. Honestly, he's offered to just pay me for it, but we've decided if not refunded in a couple weeks I will do the fraudulent charge.

"Accidentally charged" is not the same thing as "fraudulent charge."  You may be making this too complicated.  Contesting an accidental charge with your CC is just a normal part of the game.  Nobody is accused of anything other than "mistakes happen."  Your CC company will be pleased to hear that you're working with your TA and NCL, but if it was an accidental charge then why not just get your money back now and forget about it?  The businesses will work it out and you can go on with life.

My NCL

My Account

I have been trying to get those dopey 2 cent and $1 'credits' removed for months with no success. They just keep extending the expiration dates on certificates that don't work. I think they came after price reductions gone awry on cruises that were already paid in full.

image.png.1833f4b4bdb000eb9607955d89745c10.png

• Like 1

On 2/19/2023 at 3:25 PM, LloydJr said:

"Accidentally charged" is not the same thing as "fraudulent charge."  You may be making this too complicated.  Contesting an accidental charge with your CC is just a normal part of the game.  Nobody is accused of anything other than "mistakes happen."  Your CC company will be pleased to hear that you're working with your TA and NCL, but if it was an accidental charge then why not just get your money back now and forget about it?  The businesses will work it out and you can go on with life.

This happened on January 3rd, they were notified on January 6th. By February 2nd they had listen to the recording of the call and agreed with my TA that I was mistaken charged the $250 twice. It is now February 20th, 6 weeks since they were notified of the mistake. My credit card is about to drop for the second time. It is $250. If I carried a balance I would be paying interest on this amount again, as it is I had to dip into savings as it was not part of my monthly budget. They charged me twice. They removed the thing I bought at least 3 days ago. There is no sign of a refund. I did not do anything wrong. Yes, sorry I don't live in your "money is no issue" world, but I have been patient, I am trying to get my money back, and there is no sign that is going to happen. A mistake is corrected. NCL is not attempting to do that in any timely manner. It's too late to work with the CC company online as the credit card has dropped, and I don't know what they will call it, but charging someone twice and not fixing it is fraudulent, period.  But I really don't need to be preached at over language when it's my money that's been taken by the company and not returned, even as they have admitted it's their mistake. Take your patronizing elsewhere.  

On 2/19/2023 at 3:48 PM, Sailing12Away said:

My NCL

My Account

I have been trying to get those dopey 2 cent and $1 'credits' removed for months with no success. They just keep extending the expiration dates on certificates that don't work. I think they came after price reductions gone awry on cruises that were already paid in full.

image.png.1833f4b4bdb000eb9607955d89745c10.png

I'll trade you - I'll take your annoying credits and you pay the extra $250 I was charged. 😉

4 hours ago, SeekingKillerWhales! said:

This happened on January 3rd, they were notified on January 6th. By February 2nd they had listen to the recording of the call and agreed with my TA that I was mistaken charged the $250 twice. It is now February 20th, 6 weeks since they were notified of the mistake. My credit card is about to drop for the second time. It is $250. If I carried a balance I would be paying interest on this amount again, as it is I had to dip into savings as it was not part of my monthly budget. They charged me twice. They removed the thing I bought at least 3 days ago. There is no sign of a refund. I did not do anything wrong. Yes, sorry I don't live in your "money is no issue" world, but I have been patient, I am trying to get my money back, and there is no sign that is going to happen. A mistake is corrected. NCL is not attempting to do that in any timely manner. It's too late to work with the CC company online as the credit card has dropped, and I don't know what they will call it, but charging someone twice and not fixing it is fraudulent, period.  But I really don't need to be preached at over language when it's my money that's been taken by the company and not returned, even as they have admitted it's their mistake. Take your patronizing elsewhere.  

What on God's green earth are you going on about?  Why in the heck don't you just work directly with your CC company and take advantage of the robust consumer protections that we have?  Where did I say "money is no issue?"  Too late?  Are you sure?  I don't think so!!!  Chill!!!!

18 minutes ago, LloydJr said:

What on God's green earth are you going on about?  Why in the heck don't you just work directly with your CC company and take advantage of the robust consumer protections that we have?  Where did I say "money is no issue?"  Too late?  Are you sure?  I don't think so!!!  Chill!!!!

I will if NCL has taken care of it by a certain date. Chill. 

8 hours ago, LloydJr said:

What's that about good deeds? 

• Haha 1