NCL Sky- newbie questions

philbird

The first questions are general in nature, not ship-specific.

1. If we cancel before the deadline are all prepaid expenses (cruise, gratuities & internet package upgrade) refunded?

2. We've made 4 deposits using 4 different credit cards. If we cancel do they refund to just one card or refund exactly what was paid to each card?

3. What trip ins. companies would you recommend? I've looked at all the prices on Insuremytrip.com

Our 11 night cruise on the Sky departs Baltimore on Sept. 21st and ends in Quebec on Oct. 2nd. This will be our 1st NCL cruise. Have done 2 with H.A.

4. Can we book specialty dining nights in advance? We are allowed  two. Which restaurants would you recommend?

5. My DW rarely uses the internet so I'm thinking of buying the Unlimited Wi-Fi: 1 device for $280. I'm typically on the internet about 2 hours a day. We do get 150 min. free. Any suggestions on when to buy this?

All comments appreciated. FYI we are in a balcony cabin on Deck 9.

TIA,

Phil

Edited by philbird
add info

39 minutes ago, philbird said:

1. If we cancel before the deadline are all prepaid expenses (cruise, gratuities & internet package upgrade) refunded?

Yes, they should be.  Before final payment you should be refunded 100% (covered in the "fine print" you agreed to when you booked)

39 minutes ago, philbird said:

2. We've made 4 deposits using 4 different credit cards. If we cancel do they refund to just one card or refund exactly what was paid to each card?

Refunds go to the original form of payment (also covered in the "fine print")

40 minutes ago, philbird said:

4. Can we book specialty dining nights in advance? We are allowed  two. Which restaurants would you recommend?

120 days before the cruise is when you can first book dining.  Don't worry TOO much if your venue doesn't have tables at the time you want, only a portion are opened for pre-cruise reservation

18 minutes ago, hallux said:

Yes, they should be.  Before final payment you should be refunded 100% (covered in the "fine print" you agreed to when you booked)

Refunds go to the original form of payment (also covered in the "fine print")

120 days before the cruise is when you can first book dining.  Don't worry TOO much if your venue doesn't have tables at the time you want, only a portion are opened for pre-cruise reservation

Thanks hallux. We were planning on closing the Chase card that we used for the initial pymt because it has a high annual fee. I wonder what they would if we cancelled and that card was closed?  I'll review the fine print in our original receipt. Rez. was made with Costco Travel.

Cheers

Edited by philbird

2 hours ago, philbird said:

I wonder what they would if we cancelled and that card was closed?

Might not be the same with your bank, but I discussed this very issue with mine. I had paid for a Ocean Villa on Great Stirrup Cay. Since the ship doesn't always make it to the island, I wanted to know what would happen if I was refunded the coast back into my cancelled card. According to my bank, any refund would go back on the card and the balance would be negative. They would then send me a cheque (aka Check). They said even though I cancelled the card they have a record of any refunds that go back onto it.

I'm not sure who it was or what thread it was in but I seem to recall someone posting recently about cancelling something and having trouble getting their money back because the card used for that payment had been closed out.  Different banks my handle the situation differently.