Wardrobe for late April Cruise

laudergayle

We’re sailing NCL Prim late April-first week of May out of NYC. We have two Sea Days then 2.5 days in Bermuda.  Have never been to Bermuda and I suspect NYC is cold.  Thoughts on what clothing would be appropriate.  Any insight would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Coming from GA it might feel cold. In NYC late April the highs will be near 70 and lows near 50. For us that is shorts and tanktop weather 😉  Bermuda average will be in the high 70s and low in high 60s at night. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, laudergayle said:

We’re sailing NCL Prim late April-first week of May out of NYC. We have two Sea Days then 2.5 days in Bermuda.  Have never been to Bermuda and I suspect NYC is cold.

Keep in mind the first day and last day or so at sea might be a bit brisk-- you'll often get a lot of fog. The weather on Bermuda itself will be quite nice-- none of the crazy humidity you can get in the summer. But the ocean will most likely be a bit too cold for most people to swim in (but the beaches will still be nice). 

I would just bring some layers-- Bermuda will most likely be comfortable shorts weather but you might want a sweater or light jacket in the morning/evening. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/21/2023 at 8:51 AM, princeton123211 said:

Keep in mind the first day and last day or so at sea might be a bit brisk-- you'll often get a lot of fog. The weather on Bermuda itself will be quite nice-- none of the crazy humidity you can get in the summer. But the ocean will most likely be a bit too cold for most people to swim in (but the beaches will still be nice). 

I would just bring some layers-- Bermuda will most likely be comfortable shorts weather but you might want a sweater or light jacket in the morning/evening. 

We are sailing the end of April as well. Generally go in Oct., but going on school vacation this time (hope that's not going to be a mistake). Been reading some reviews where NCL didn't notify people they would be going to Bar Harbor Maine. Not good in April or even May. Most places not open until after Memorial Day. When I asked people said they weren't happy as they went from 70s to30s  plus a lot of cruisers are from the New England area so this port isn't a bonus. Plan to bring some warmer clothes as well as we are not flying this will not be an issue. I personally like this port but have been several times over the years in all seasons. Would probably just stay on the ship if we end up there instead of a sea day.