Looking for a specific drink recipe

blueskadoo

Hi everyone. I have tried researching this without any luck so I’m hopeful someone here will know. I have a very sensitive digestive system and can’t drink many alcoholic drinks without suffering shortly thereafter, but discovered on Reflection last fall one drink I tolerated really well. I assumed I could find the recipe online no problem…but no. I have looked and looked, and cannot find the Scorpio drink from the Sky Lounge. All I really remember was that it had coconut water and lime. Does anyone know the drink I speak of? If you have a recipe, I’d be forever grateful. Thank you all!

Do you remember any other ingredients other than coconut water and lime? The base liquor?

How was the drink served? Served up in a coupe/martini glass? In rocks glass? In a tall glass with a straw? Or blended?

Can you describe what the drink tastes like? Sweet? Sweet and sour? Any creamy? Is it bubbly?

how about color?

The more detail you can provide, the better we can help you to recreate the drink.

Edited by Moochi

Hi!  Here is a picture of the menu that I took on the Equinox in the Sky Lounge in October '21.

Hope this helps and now you have the ingredients so you can experiment and tweak the amounts.

In case the picture doesn't show.

SCORPIO

Powerful, Wise, Self-Reliant

Ciroc Pineapple, Coconut Water, Lime Juice, Simple Syrup, Club Soda 

🍹

Screenshot_20230220_212549_Gallery.jpg

Edited by PinkSandGirl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, PinkSandGirl said:

Hi!  Here is a picture of the menu that I took on the Equinox in the Sky Lounge in October '21.

Hope this helps and now you have the ingredients so you can experiment and tweak the amounts.

In case the picture doesn't show.

SCORPIO

Powerful, Wise, Self-Reliant

Ciroc Pineapple, Coconut Water, Lime Juice, Simple Syrup, Club Soda 

🍹

Screenshot_20230220_212549_Gallery.jpg

Ha! Easy with the ingredient list

start with

2 oz ciroc pineapple

1.5 oz coconut water

0.5 oz lime juice

0.5 oz simple syrup 

Add above to a shaker tin, shake, and double strain into a collins glass with ice. Add a splash of club soda and mix gently with a bar spoon.

adjust the amount of vodka and coconut water to your taste, just keep the equal amount of citrus and simple syrup to keep the flavor balanced. This should taste list a very refreshing pina colada without the coconut oil and less sweet.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, blueskadoo said:

Hi everyone. I have tried researching this without any luck so I’m hopeful someone here will know. I have a very sensitive digestive system and can’t drink many alcoholic drinks without suffering shortly thereafter, but discovered on Reflection last fall one drink I tolerated really well. I assumed I could find the recipe online no problem…but no. I have looked and looked, and cannot find the Scorpio drink from the Sky Lounge. All I really remember was that it had coconut water and lime. Does anyone know the drink I speak of? If you have a recipe, I’d be forever grateful. Thank you all!

It sounds like you have a solution, but I can try and get a little more intel if you like. I'm on Reflection next week. 

9 hours ago, Moochi said:

start with

2 oz ciroc pineapple

1.5 oz coconut water

0.5 oz lime juice

0.5 oz simple syrup 

Add above to a shaker tin, shake, and double strain into a collins glass with ice. Add a splash of club soda and mix gently with a bar spoon.

adjust the amount of vodka and coconut water to your taste, just keep the equal amount of citrus and simple syrup to keep the flavor balanced. This should taste list a very refreshing pina colada without the coconut oil and less sweet.

This sounds like the recipe that I found on the Ciroc website. It's called Ciroc Vodka Colada. Slight difference in amounts:

1.5 oz Ciroc pineapple

1 oz coconut water

0.5 oz lime juice

0.5 oz simple syrup

splash of club soda

Also other interesting cocktail recipes on their website.

On 2/20/2023 at 9:55 PM, Moochi said:

start with

2 oz ciroc pineapple

1.5 oz coconut water

0.5 oz lime juice

0.5 oz simple syrup 

Sounds about right.  I think I would do 1 oz coconut water but that can be adjusted to taste.  🍍🥥  

🍹