To & Frm Magens Beach

johnnywalkodile

1.Would I be correct in saying it's easy to get a taxi from the pier to Magens Bay & back?

2. And the driver will also give you a short tour of island if you pay him?

3. Easy to pay for loungers/umbrella at one of the bars on the beach at Magens Bay?

4. Any recomended bar on the beach?

Thanks everyone.

Jonhny.

• Thanks 1

We just visited Magens Bay Beach a few weeks ago.  (Gorgeous and fabulous, but ours was the only large cruise ship in St. Thomas that day, so I have no idea what it would be like with a bunch of ships in port.) We were docked in Havensight, and took one of the multi-person "taxis" to and from the beach ($15pp cash each way. $12pp for two or more), so I can't comment on what you might be able to arrange on your own that includes "a short tour of the island."

$5pp admission fee for the beach.  Lounge chairs are $20pp (with one umbrella for two people); this can be put on a credit card if you want.  You rent them from the one place that is there for this (it's not renting from a bar).

IMG_5983.thumb.JPEG.9059688e5e0a49da61c52673a23b1b89.JPEG

Edited by Turtles06
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

We just visited Magens Bay Beach a few weeks ago.  (Gorgeous and fabulous, but ours was the only large cruise ship in St. Thomas that day, so I have no idea what it would be like with a bunch of ships in port.) We were docked in Havensight, and took one of the multi-person "taxis" to and from the beach ($15pp cash each way. $12pp for two or more), so I can't comment on what you might be able to arrange on your own that includes "a short tour of the island."

$5pp admission fee for the beach.  Lounge chairs are $20pp (with one umbrella for two people); this can be put on a credit card if you want.  You rent them from the one place that is there for this (it's not renting from a bar).

The lounge chairs are $20 per person or 2 chairs and umbrella for $20?

On 2/21/2023 at 11:03 PM, Turtles06 said:

Thanks for the answers.

• Thanks 1