Booking excursions

aimee0715

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but how does one book excursions with VV?  We are doing a back to back in May/June (Adriatic Sea & Greek Gems and Greek Island Glow)--finally using up that $8,000 of credit from the cancellation of our April 1, 2020 inaugural sailing on Scarlet Lady. Yesterday, I started looking at excursions on the VV website.  There are no prices on any of the excursions and no way to book them that I see.  

I suspect your booking date has not arrived yet.  When you reach your booking date, you will be able to see prices and a button to click to book.  As above, if you book prior to boarding, you will be charged on your credit card.  If you book after boarding, you can pay with loot.

One trick that used to work (not sure it still does), is that VV had a 24 hour cancelation policy.  You could book in advance.  After boarding, you could go to the big red desk on deck 7....cancel your reservation and immediately rebook thru the desk.  The refund is supposed to go to the credit card you used to book originally and the new booking is supposed to go to the loot.  I have read of some people claiming that they were refunded in "loot."  That's why I'm suggesting verifying with the desk before you try this.  I know that it did refund to the credit card 6 months ago.

You can view the excursions that are supposed to be offered for your cruise prior to the opening of your booking date.

Edited by cantgetin

Thanks everyone!  I used up all my loot booking the two cruises in a XL Sea Terrace.  Not bad turning a 4 day cruise to Key West and Bimini into two weeks in Croatia and Greece!  I have the app now.  I probably would not have thought about looking for an app until we got on the ship so thanks for telling me about that!  We would have been sad to not have any dinner reservations.