Verifly?

Norvig

9 minutes ago, FlaMariner said:

Good one!

I was still able to go back and edit that step in......

I asked the woman if I still needed that tiny slip of paper and she said no. Good thing I kept it handy because that's what they wanted to scan at the ship. (I'm used to showing the boarding pass I printed at home) She should have been telling everyone that. I did see people on the gangway searching pockets for that paper.

31 minutes ago, FlaMariner said:

All correct...if I recall correctly.....From our November Port Everglades Nieuw Statendam cruise:

• hand over luggage and several dollar bills to longshoreman (we skip this step and carry on)
  • Enter building and first kiosk asked "are you vaccinated?"  (that should now go away)
  • security scan/check
  • passport scanned at kiosk (hope for green light) and given "all clear" paper
  • surrender "all clear" paper to obtain boarding group card
  • wait in area
  • board when group called
  • scan boarding pass at gangway (on iPhone)
  • go to room and keycard waiting
  • eat lunch

Am I missing a step? 

HAL has this down...Very efficient. 

Thanks for the information.

36 minutes ago, FlaMariner said:

For what benefit do you think you will gain using Verifly?

3rdGenCunarder though that the kiosk didn’t work for him because he didn’t use VeriFLY.  I just want to be able to speed through check-in as fast as I can.  If completing VeriFLY helps speed up the process I will do it.

I will be curious to know if HAL stops asking people if they are vaccinated at the port. I know one of my friends went on a Caribbean cruise last month that had no requirements but they we’re still asked if they were vaccinated at the port.

Edited by habitatnal

28 minutes ago, habitatnal said:

3rdGenCunarder though that the kiosk didn’t work for him because he didn’t use VeriFLY.  I just want to be able to speed through check-in as fast as I can.  If completing VeriFLY helps speed up the process I will do it.

I will be curious to know if HAL stops asking people if they are vaccinated at the port. I know one of my friends went on a Caribbean cruise last month that had no requirements but they we’re still asked if they were vaccinated at the port.

I wasn't asked about vaccinations, although I did carry my card just in case. 

10 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Oh...I thought you meant at the terminal. Nobody asked there. I can't remember online checkin. 

I was asking about the terminal.  I was just surprised that they didn’t ask you at the terminal but they did ask me during online check-in.

Couple weeks ago leaving out of FLL on HAL at the terminal we were asked if we're vaccinated but did not have to show proof. Answer given determined which line you were sent to.

Passport was shown a couple times and scanned only once - it was after going through security and linked up with photo recognition.

Then coming back you didn't have to scan or show passport unless photo rec didn't work or if you were identified as having to talk to customs.

That was for cruise Feb 5-19.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/26/2023 at 4:18 PM, PACD_JG said:

And you don't think Turks and Caicos only has this policy because the US still requires all non-U.S. citizens, non-U.S. immigrants traveling to the United States by air to show proof of being fully vaccinated against Covid?  A tit-for-tat?  So in other words, yes (IMHO)...it does have something to do with "Biden or US policy."

Turks and Caicos is dropping their vaccine mandate on 4/1.  The US has not announced when or if they are going to drop their vaccine requirement so your argument was incorrect.