Roll Call: Caribbean Princess 9/9/06

CruisinMaterial

hey Jake,

I'm thinking along the lines as Jeff, we have a bunch of AA or GA or even

maybe a few AARP's!!!!! all these people seem to really care about is chatting about useless, nonsense crab!!! Like Paul said, don't let it get

to you! these freaks aren't worth it!!:D I did just posted to see if anyone was still interested in trying to find the grave yard, can't wait

to see what kind of response that gets.

Later

Scott

Hey Scott!

Well, it seems like the graveyard - since it's a non-drinking and non-gambling event - seems to be getting a bit more attention. I laughed out loud so hard when you said the AARP comment that I nearly coughed up a lung trying to recover from it. Guess how old my mom is??? Guess what SHE is a member of? LOL :D :rolleyes:

If they want to be drab then so be it! I'm sure we gay boys will have our own fun. Paul made mention that he saw the Patters on Brian's Cruise Dailies website (or at least that is the only site I know of that has those on them). Anyway, did he make mention of all the things in the Club Fusion disco? They have a theme night nearly every night (I only looked at the Patters for the first three days but noticed that). The first night out in the pajama and robe party. That'll be a hoot I'm sure! :)

Well if they want to chat up useless nonsense crap, at least let it be about TV shows I like. Did you notice how I hopped on the HOUSE, BONES, PRISON BREAK bandwagon. I was an extra on Prison Break so that show holds a special place in my heart. Too bad the show moved from Chicago to Dallas for Season 2 filming. I was so hoping to work on it again. I'm waiting for a reschedule shoot for a film here in Boston, I'm a cop in that one. Then we have another film that was supposed to shoot here but the star did something to his achillies tendon and now it's postponed until the fall at least. It's a neat little hobby to have.

Anyway, on Amoxicillin now... it's official sinus infection! :( Time to let the drugs do their thing!

~Jake

Jake,

sorry to make you almost cough up a lung, that's not a good thing to do!

walking around with one lung, will put you that much closer to the grave yard!!:) :D

I figured they all would be up for that, it seems more their speed!! at least 2 people said they be up for the cabin crawl, but I agree with what you said, wait till it gets closer, hell by that time, half of these folks could

very well be in the Nursing home!!! (can you tell I'm a little catty today?)

I guess that's what getting up at 4:45AM and driving an hour to work

and start working at 6:30 and doing Inventory for about 8 hours will do for you. Thank God it's done!!! (it's the end of our fiscal year) and get to

turn around and do it all over again tomorrow (except inventory)

sorry to say but I have never watched any of the shows you talk about,

a lot of the people I work with like House, maybe I should try it sometime.... expand my horizions!?!?!?!

Keep up the the Amoxicillian, it will make you feel better, remember to finish it even if you are feeling better!! (can you tell I work in Healthcare?)

have a good one

Scott

I have an idea....Go in Drag for the sailaway....That should knock a few of them off :D . Sorta like the movie Boat trip when Cuba Gooding Jr. comes out singing "I'm coming out"... THat would be a scream:eek:

Jake..Hope ya feel better. I am a sufferer of cronic sinus and ear issues. No fun, especially with all the dampness and mildew and mold floating around from all that rain.

Have a safe and great weekend!!

Jeff

Hey Scott,

Nah, you're not catty at all! You're just calling it like you're seeing it. The folks do seem older but here's my issue. On the Star Princess cruise there were a ton of older couples who participated in the cabin crawl as well as other events we did. The lead Kahuna, whom I am trained from, is older, I'd say in his early 60s or late 50s. There were two other retired couples who participated too. Actually, the best person I kept bumping into the whole cruise was retired and in her late 60's. Oh she was a hoot!

These are just those GA and AA old farts! :(

As for keeping up on the Amoxicillin, my head is slowly clearing but I'll be darned if every once and a while I'll get a coughing fit. Its very intermittent but darn it's impossible to stop! Definitely will keep up that drug routine.

The TV show HOUSE is good. You have to assess whether or not you like a person with a non-caring abrasive attitude, that's what makes HOSUE different from ER or any other doctor show.

Sorry to hear that you had such a long day. Hopefully you have a long weekend. I don't! I have to work on Monday!

Jeff -

Now I'm not about to go out in drag. I've only done that once in college in Vermont and all I can say is, I looked far too much like Cher that people were wondering if I was going for that look and I wasn't! :cool:

As for the rain, good heavens, you guys got it really bad didn't you? I have seen news reports about your neck of the woods. It's like what happened to us during Mother's Day weekend. What is up with all this rain? This summer is going to be a complete wash out. We hardly ever have sun, although, don't tell anyone, it's supposed to be sunny this weekend!!!

Happy Weekend Folks! Enjoy it whatever you may be doing!

~Jake

P.S. I want a Cape Codder and to sit out and enjoy the sun... darn the Amoxicillin! :(

Jake,

Hope you are having a relaxing weekend to get better. Think the idea of moving the FOD up a day is a great one. Good Luck on that. I could use some assistance please. Wanted to show Scott the patters but then could not find them. Would like for him to look at them too. Thanks so much. I have to get going. Actually doing some work today. Fireworks here in town tonight. Going to be hot today though.

Paul

Hey Paul,

The website for Scott to view the Princess Patter's at is: http://www.cruisedailies.com/portal/

It's run by a guy named Brian, he LOVE cruising. The Patters that are there are sort of old though, which means they could have changed the entertainment (as contracts for the entertainers come up for renewal some may choose not to stay or the production shows could change). It's a good thing to get an idea of what they do onboard. This ship seems much more lively than any other Princess ship for events. I wonder if that's because of the Movies Under the Stars it looks like they have a lot more to do or what?? Someone said because it's the Caribbean the ship caters to a more active crowd. I hope that's true! :)

Our fireworks aren't until July 4th here. I went up to the local club/bar up in Haverhill last night. The heat INSIDE the club was HOTTER than outside the club and I thought I was going to sweat to death in there! :eek:

As for bumping up the FOD, I can try. It'd be nice to have it in the Wheelhouse but Skywalker's Nightclub or Fusion would work nicely too. I'm excited to get into Club Fusion. That place looks like it's giong to have different theme nights.

Can't believe we're less than 70 days out now from the cruise. Are you guys flying in for a pre-cruise stay in Ft Lauderdale?

~Jake

Hey Jake,

Thanks for the link to the Patter's, it was interesting, yeah it's a little

out dated, but still gives me an idea of what is happening.

It was hot here this weekend, yesterday reached 100, and today was

just a touch cooler, probably about 95, but the humidity was real high,

you walked outside, and you were instantly sweating!, took the dog for

2 walks, it didn't seem to bother him, but by the time I got home, my

shirt was soaking wet! maybe I sweated enough to loose a few pounds?!?

it just makes me laugh everytime I read a new post on here, these people saying I won't be at the meet N Greet if it's after the muster,

or can't do it then, but make sure you speak to me when passing me!

like I know who the hell you are anyway!!!:D Well best stop being so

nasty and prepare for another day of work! will be glad to have Tuesday

off, don't plan on doing anything!

Later

Scott

Scott,

I swear you, Paul and I are the only ones with our heads screwed on straight in this cruise. I think Darklady has some chance to her but everyone else over there is so darn finicky it's driving me mad!

Why should I waste any of my time if these people are going to wishy washy. As for seeing them onboard, at this point, I hope I don't see most of them. You can tell by the way they post that they wouldn't be any sort of fun to hang around with. It's quite obvious they have different personality profiles and all are along the introverted line.

I'm very much an extrovert if you couldn't tell (although I wasn't always that way).

We are having nice weather here, not too hot and not too cold. Since we had a warmer than usual winter here in the Northeast we are paying the price with tons of rain and less than humid temperatures.

You are very welcome for the link to the Dailies. They are a good reference point for sure! It also allows you to play along with the theme in the Club Fusion disco, did you notice that on the theme nights?

Happy 4th of July and hope your day of nothing is fun anyway! I'm sure I'll be going to the gym to work out and then moping around the house. All my friends left today to go away and I had to work! :mad:

~Jake

Hey Jake,

Hope your 4th was safe and fun! we did NOTHING!!! I did a Beer in the Rear chicken for dinner and that was the extend of my labor today!!!!

I too think we are the only 3 with our heads screwed on!! Oh well, would rather be the Minority than the Majority! Well best get ready for another few days at work. Have a good Wednesday and we'll chat at you later

Scott

Hey Scott,

Went and saw "CARS" last night and went to the gym in the AM. The mid-day was just spent around the homestead. It was a good day to relax. Today FLEW by for me. I couldn't get all my work done and I thought today would run just the opposite! That was a shocker!

I just hope that there's a lot of gay cruise staff on this cruise or if not that the lady cruise staff are gay friendly. They usually are but on Carnival I was shocked and surprised that they weren't. I personally wish Carnival didn't own Princess but that's a gripe tangent I will leave for another day!

Just a few more days and we're at the TWO month marker. The same time we hit the two month marker we're at one month for the DVD release of Prison Break. I can't wait! LOL, my friend wants my autography on the DVD for episode 20... they're so cute! :)

I just hope this Monday they finally get that shoot in so I can play the cop in the movie "Gone Baby Gone". It has been postponed three times already! That's got me wicked excited because they fitted me for a cop wardrobe!!

Anyway, time to go check the other roll call threads including the GA / AA one! ;)

~Jake

Jake,

Yeah my day just flew by also, in fact this afternoon I was hunting for things to do?!?! makes me feel a little wierd!!! just wonder what the rest

of the week will be like?

So, I hate to be stupid, but what is Prison break about anyway? It appears I need to broaden my horizions!?! I noticed where HOUSE was

on last night, (repeat of course) but if you never saw it, it wouldn't be a

repeat, so I thought< I'm going to watch it, well.........I forgot all about it!

LOL there's always next week!!!:eek: Saw your post on the AA/GA group!

more dribble, but Yet I posted my own dripple there, think I will stop that,

just trying to be friendly and what does it get me??? NOTHING!!! can you

tell I'm feeling a little nasty tonight? Well need to go shave.UGGG

Later

Scott

Hey Scott,

Today was busy at work again and the day once again flew by. We also said good luck to a co-worker who was going off on maternity leave. That meant we had cake, which meant I had to spend another 10 minutes on the elliptical to burn that off! :( Running later than usual tonight.

As for Prison Break, where do I begin with the general premise...

It's two brothers. One is Lincoln Burrows (linc da sink) and the other one is Michael Scofield. In the first season we see Michael confront his brother Lincoln who is on death row for a crime that only he (Linc) knows he didn't commit. He allegedly killed the VP's brother, who is very much still alive and in hiding. Anyway, Michael holds up a bank to get thrown into the same prison with his brother to get him out alive. Tatooed on his HOT body is the blue prints to the prison. Now he has to enlist the help of several other high profile inmates (a mob guy, the female doctor, the warden although not at first, and a few others) to help him get what he needs to get over the walls and get his brother out too. The escape goes awry several times over the course of season 1 until the episode that aired immediately after the one I was in titled "GO" when the boys finally made their run for it. Everyone except one late addition to the escape team makes it, including Lincoln and his brother Michael. In the last episode, they are trying to run to an airport where the mob guy has a plane waiting for them... only thing is the guys who have the plane get spooked by the cops and take off just as the boys arrive... season 1 cliffhanger here...

Lincoln is definitely some eye candy but... Wentworth Miller who plays Michael Scofield caught my eye from the start. He's one HOT cutie!! I was actually hoping to be an inmate on-set at the soundstage or at Joliet Correctional Center (the actual prison they use and call Fox River on the TV show) and unfortunately I ended up working with Donald Travanti who played the President (he was killed off, poisoned by the VP) and I worked with the VP played by Patricia Wettig (from 30 somethings).

Have any specific questions, don't hesitate to ask me! I can't wait for the DVD release though. Even a few gay distributors are hyping the release so I know I can't be far off with my love for Went! :D

You may also wish to check out the show's website too:

http://www.fox.com/prisonbreak

The second HOUSE episode that aired at 9PM Eastern was one that I'd missed so I watched that. Greg House is such a jerk, you just have to admire his tenacity. If I did what he does, I'd be fired from my job (although some days that's not a bad thing).

Those folks on the hetero thread are so dull, my complaining has brought Lynne over from the Star Princess cruise I was on last year. Our roll call thread for that cruise, almost a year later is still going strong with over 2,000 posts! LOL

I'm off to see what the GA / AA group is up to. Just one quick question, don't you have a 5 o'clock shadow when you shave at night for the next day?

~Jake

Jake,

Thanks for the info on Prison Break, sounds rather interesting, think I will have to check it out!!!

I have somewhat of a 5 o clock shadow, but I have to get up at 5 and I have to drive an hour to work, so need to leave before 6 to be there by 7.

I have a routine, I have my clothes all laid out the night before, and my breakfast is already to go, I just have to pour the milk on my cereal, I brush my teeth while I have to dog out to do his job, then I leave for work. I generally work until 3 or 4 then head home! and start the same thing over again!!!! so there you have it, my boring life!!!!

So what exactatly do you do for a living? I, myself work at a Sub-acute

rehab center. I am the Purchasing/Central Supply Manager, I order all

the medical Supplies we need, plus other things, we generally have over

100 patients and have about 200 staff members, so basically I try to keep

300 people happy, and that's not including the Doctors. (which they are easy to get along with!!!) We have a wide range of patients, our first floor is a very small Long Term Care Unit (Nursing home) 2nd floor

we have 2 wings that is short term rehab, (fall, break a hip, replace hip,

Medicare says you can't be in the Hospital, so you would come to a us

for about 4-6 weeks, if not more then go home, or where ever) then

the other wing on 2nd is a special Care Unit, more involved and they most

generally come down from the 3rd floor, which is 2 wings of Adult Vent

dependant people, some do get off the vent then transfer down to SCU

and hopefully go home, and the other wing on 3rd is a Pediatric unit,

we are the only facility in the state of Nebraska that cares for adult Vent

Patients and Pediatric patients. My job can be very stressful, and I do

sometimes come home and take it out on Paul, most generally he takes it

very well, but there are times he doesn't. Well enough dribble. have a good day tomorrow and we'll chat at you later

Scott

Hey Scott,

Prison Break is definitely worth a look-see in the fall when it returns. When the season 1 DVD comes out, I have a feeling that Blockbuster will have it!! Too bad the show got snubbed by the Emmy's. Now I'm just not going to watch that awards show. I think PB is pure good TV from all aspects, the writing, the directing, cinematography and acting! I'm shocked that the stupid "24" show got so many Emmy nods!

I have a 15 minute commute to work. Thank the stars for that one! I used to take the train to Boston everyday but now have opted to take the field position (even though I shot myself in the foot for promotional opportunities but it worked for school at the time).

I work in insurance adjustment. I get to say who gets what and when they get it. My client load depends on how many people with a certain section of their SSNs. I can only hope that that many people aren't looking for money in a given week because then it gets stressful. The phone constantly ringing and sometimes no one knows the information you need and you're like... how on Earth do you live if you don't know X? It's enough to drive you batty... which is why I need this cruise!!!!

I have needed to take two serious vacations per year since I started this job. My side hobby is acting as an extra. I started with Prison Break and will be in the Gone, Baby, Gone film whenever they re-schedule the shoot (it's supposed to be this Monday or Tuesday). The ROCK's film, Daddy's Girl, was postponed until the Fall because he tore his achillies tendon and it needed surgery. I was supposed to be a body painted fan! :) That would have been something!

Well now I'm going to go over and check the AA group.

Have a great weekend. Shaping up to be another boring weekend here!

~Jake

P.S. Did you get your pre-cruise packet from Princess? I got mine yesterday and now I know we're near two months!! At one month the tickets come.

Jake,

No, we haven't gotten anything from Princess yet, maybe in the next day or two we will. Think it will be a boring weekend around here too,

House cleaning, Laundry, the usual crap!! Paul is having a Patio Party

at the Apts he manages tomorrow, so that means I will be up there grilling

like a fool. Hoping to see a movie on Sunday, but who knows.

later

Scott

Hey Scott,

Did you book directly with Princess or through a travel agent? That could explain the delay if you went through a travel agent because the information is then forwarded from the agent to you. They should be arriving soon. Have you already done your personal information online and your shore excursions? If you booked the flight on your own but have requested Princess transfers to the ship then you will need to fill out that form. That's what's in the packet that arrived on Thursday.

Sounds like you have a more exciting weekend in store. Again my trip to 6 flags is postponed. I was hoping to get out there this weekend but now the friend who said they'd go (it's impossible to find a gay man who wants to go to an amusement park out this way) can't go because he's a new uncle and wants to be with the child. Can't blame him... he's an uncle for the second time now. Thankfully I'm not my way to that status yet!

The fun of my consists of getting my car inspected and then test driving a new Honda Fit. That's it! Boring I know!

Good luck with the grilling and cleaning!

~Jake

Jake,

we booked thru Paul's Mom, she is a travel agent (part time) she just had surgery yesterday, so she is out of commission for a couple of weeks.

We booked our own air, actually we had a $500.00 travel voucher from

American from when we flew to Disney last Sept, they broke Paul's CPAP

machine, but you must report it within 24 hours, which we didn't know, but they did send this, finally after months of complaining and whatever else we could do. Paul Mentioned the other night about going on line and

filling out the personal info, he takes care of all that stuff, I don't worry about it. We still have to get our passports, I've never had one, and his

expired a couple of years ago, when he was doing the persoanl info, it mentioned this cruise only accepted passports, so we need to get our

butts in gear and get moving on that!!

Finally got the house cleaned, it pretty much took me all morning, I would clean for about 20 minutes then sit and do nothing for 45 minutes,

did have to quit and run a floral arrangement to someone about 20 minutes south of here. Well I should probably go take a shower.

if we lived closer, I'd go to 6 flags with you in a heart beat!!!

Later

Scott

Hey Scott,

No six flags for me today but it was still an amusing day all around. Went to the car delearship, got my car inspected and test drove a Honda Fit. Oh, I was in love... thank heavens they didn't have it in the color I wanted it and only had one on the lot because I would have bought it right there! :eek: That was my morning...

The afternoon consisted of helping my mom and uncle out and going to lunch with them and then hanging with a gay couple I know of that lives a few towns over. They have a nice private area so I can sun bathe naked if I want to, plus they were helping me out with some things (they are my gay culture queens).

Came back home and found out that I was booked for Monday on the film here in Boston. That was exciting. They're finally going to shoot the scene! :)

Having a middle person between you and the cruise line slows down the information because the middle person receives the information and then has to forward it onto you.

As for the necessity for a passport. It'd be good to have one and if you want one in time for the cruise you'd better hurry up and get the whole thing going because now you'll have to expedite the application and pay more. You can still use your driver's license and birth certificate though for now. How you register that online I have no idea. I just use the passport number, it's much easier.

You two enjoy the rest of your weekend in case I don't catch you before it's over!

~Jake

hey congrats on getting booked for the filming on MOnday!!!

As for sun bathing nude, wish I could do that, but I would end up with one

sore PEEPEE!!!!:D :eek: it would be red, as would the rest of me! besides

no one ever sees that part of me but Paul. Sounds like an exciting day.

so, your not gay enough, that you have to have gay culture queens? LOL:D :) :D

have a good one!

Scott

Hey Scott!

Thanks for the congrats! Monday is quickly approaching. I'm doing all the last minute primping that comes with being on camera... tweezing, trimming and all that fun stuff. It's high maintenance being on screen. Folks don't do that for you until you're an a-list actor! :o

LOL! You put sunscreen on everything and then you are fine! I wish Princess had a nude sundeck but they don't. I know some cruise lines have a topless deck but it's only gay cruises that have nude sunbathing on their top deck (Atlantis does anyway).

As for my gay culture queens, I don't know a lot of things the gay community would consider standard practice... for instance, I haven't seen the Wizard of Oz in it's entirety and its amazing how many gay guys think I'm weird because of that. Oh well! So yeah, they give me the gay culture aspect that I'm missing. I don't look gay and when I talk, that's the give away! ;) I don't do the designer labels and all that like A&F, it's just not me.

I'm off to finish all this body preparation for tomorrow!

Enjoy the remainder of the weekend!

~Jake

Hey Jake...Back being a star again..AHHHHH. Your adoring fans are here :D

I want a new car too. I think I will get another Hyndai. I have a Sonota and really like it alot. Honda's are cute too. I just need that 10 year 100,000 mile warrenty because of my commute.

Scott..I work at a Rehab myself..well one of my sites is anyway. I work at a hospital and do several Acutes as well. It really is a great place.

Happy Monday All!!..yeah right:(

Jeff

Jake,

so did you get all your "primping" done and you looked Faboulous???

so how was it today? bet you were glad not to be at work?

Work wasn't too bad for me, figured I better get in here and see what was

happening, have a City Council Meeting tonight, and one never knows how long that will last.

Jeff-

Thanks for popping in ever once in awhile and sending us your thoughts... liked the GA/AA group we are with!! :)

Glad to hear I'm not the only Gay man working in a rehab setting. Keep giving us your thoughts!! always like a good laugh, too bad your not joining us for this AARP Cruise, think of all the fun you'll miss?!?!:D

Scott

Hey Scott & Paul & Jeff!

Yesterday was a LONG day. Emphasis on the LLLLOOOONNNNGGGG! It was nearly a 14 hour day on-set with break for lunch. Absolutely no dinner was provided. We arrived at 6:30AM and didn't wrap until 8PM. I don't even know where to begin. They didn't need that many cop extras in the AM so they should have just picked the call time for those few folks and put the rest of us later. So the AM was spent just sitting around doing nothing.

In the PM things got interesting, as Affleck realized he was burning sunlight with a thousand takes of the same scene (ok that's drastic but he did shoot one scene I was watching but not used in about 22 times and that to me is excessive) we moved on and forward faster. So I made it into five different shots, all were in the cemetary though but just different angles. It will be interesting to see what gets left on the editing room floor and I won't know that for at least another year. However, it's just one more film to add to my resume!

The cop uniform was very HOT and I mean HOT as in temperature. I thought I was going to melt. The belt with the gun and walkie talkie mace and keys was so heavy that it rubbed and made a bruise on my pelvic bone from all the walking around. It hurt like crazy today!! I did manage to avoid a sunburn though! Yay for small joys considering the amount of time I was out in the sun!

If I had to chose filming or being at my regular job, I'd take filming any day though. So my gripes, while criticisms are not meaning to say I'm not ever doing it again. Some folks were doing this for the first time and have no intentions of ever doing it again. It was kind of nice when Ben came over and thanked all of us for such a long hard day when he wrapped. I thought that was very nice of him. It was the largest casting call they've had for the entire film (for each day of filming). They are set to wrap up filming next week and then it heads into post production.

As for the AARP cruise comment, now that's where I'm heading to post to next! What a sad bunch these folks are. Some seem more receptive than others. At our Bon Voyage gathering, if someone shows up with an oxygen tank... I'm outta there!! :rolleyes:

Thanks Paul for the check in! :)

As for the car, it'll have to wait... I'm focusing on working on another production in Rhode Island possibly... the SAG guy told me about it. If I can get three vouchers in the next few years then I can join SAG. Then I get paid at the union level. Yesterday I got $100 for the first 12 hours and time and a half after that. That was pretty crappy pay overall when you think about it. They got $330 some odd dollars. Lucky them!

Ok... off to AA now!

~Jake

Archived