Booking tables with separate booking numbers

Presto2

Hi,

We are sailing on Britannia for our first cruise since 2019 so now getting really excited :-)

We are sailing with a friend who has a separate booking number than us and are thinking ahead and wondering how we would be able to book a table

for a speciality restaurant for the 3 of us with 2 different booking numbers. 

To be honest, we have no idea how things work now when it comes to booking anything at all in this post Covid world, so any help and advice would be appreciated.

(It is our friend's first cruise and we are supposed to know what we are doing ...... not sure that we do !!!!!!!)

Help :-)

16 minutes ago, purplesea said:

You could link the bookings.

We are on Britannia in September, seven of us in four cabins, and have linked all the bookings together.

Linking bookings only affects the MDR allocation. I don’t believe that it makes any difference to booking speciality restaurants. 

• Thanks 1

Got off Azura yesterday, we had 3 cabins with 6 people too. We requested MDR second sitting table for 6, I checked twice with the travel agent this was correct and all the paperwork said so. On boarding we found our table was for 4 and the other two people were puton freedom dining. Reception were useless and told us to go to a restaurant in the morning. Turns out there is a dining desk set up at 1pm which sorted us all out. All fine

5 minutes ago, CCFC said:

Got off Azura yesterday, we had 3 cabins with 6 people too. We requested MDR second sitting table for 6, I checked twice with the travel agent this was correct and all the paperwork said so. On boarding we found our table was for 4 and the other two people were puton freedom dining. Reception were useless and told us to go to a restaurant in the morning. Turns out there is a dining desk set up at 1pm which sorted us all out. All fine

What a nightmare! We are Freedom Dining so thankfully won’t have that issue. We will just have apps that aren’t apps, P&O’s temperamental IT and MDR queues (virtual or physical) to deal with 🤔.

I know that I’m going to really miss the days when Freedom dining was just that - stroll in whenever you felt like it and most of the time just get seated immediately! Sounds as though the British penchant for queues has permeated its way into P&Os modus operandi 😂 

2 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Hi,

We are sailing on Britannia for our first cruise since 2019 so now getting really excited 🙂

We are sailing with a friend who has a separate booking number than us and are thinking ahead and wondering how we would be able to book a table

To be honest, we have no idea how things work now when it comes to booking anything at all in this post Covid world, so any help and advice would be appreciated.

(It is our friend's first cruise and we are supposed to know what we are doing ...... not sure that we do !!!!!!!)

Help 🙂

If you are wanting to book on board just go to the restaurant and book a table for 3 using one cabin not a problem.

I have never booked before we were on the ship but I would imagine it was possible to book for the number of people you want. Again on one cabin number.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Hi,

We are sailing on Britannia for our first cruise since 2019 so now getting really excited 🙂

Help 🙂

It only requires one of you to book for everyone, either on My Holiday when you are on board, or through your Cruise Planner before you board. I can say that with certainty, as I have done just that.

Remember, if you do book speciality restaurants before you board, you will save 20% each, plus any Peninsular discount.

In addition to the above, and as others have pointed out, when you attend one of the MDRs you give both cabin numbers and thereafter you will find that the restaurant host should have linked them on there seating computer.

• Like 1

On 2/26/2023 at 9:33 PM, Selbourne said:

What a nightmare! We are Freedom Dining so thankfully won’t have that issue. We will just have apps that aren’t apps, P&O’s temperamental IT and MDR queues (virtual or physical) to deal with 🤔.

I know that I’m going to really miss the days when Freedom dining was just that - stroll in whenever you felt like it and most of the time just get seated immediately! Sounds as though the British penchant for queues has permeated its way into P&Os modus operandi 😂 

Strangely enough Selbourne, although we have been using the not an App for the MDR, it really would not have mattered if we had just turned up. There have been no queues greater than pre covid for freedom dining, and we have been seated immediately.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Cathygh said:

Do you think it will be easy to get a table in the MDR for 8 adults (and possibly 3 children if they don't go to the kids clubs) c 7/7.30 pm. We are in 4 cabins. We won't want to eat earlier or later. Thanks

There are some tables for 10, but I dont think there are any for 12. I think you will need to discuss this the restaurant manager once you are on board, the best option might be to have fixed table at a fixed time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

There are some tables for 10, but I dont think there are any for 12. I think you will need to discuss this the restaurant manager once you are on board, the best option might be to have fixed table at a fixed time.

Thank you