Electric Outlets in Zaandam cabins

Cruisin Kay D

25 minutes ago, Mosaic said:

Keep in mind that those little adapters are 220 volt not 110!!!!!!

Do you mean the plug that just adapts for shape (the white ones in post 25)? That's true, they do not change the voltage. But many chargers are 110-220, so the physical shape change is all that's needed. I know my laptop charges on either current, and I think my camera battery charger does, too. Not sure about my phone (that print on the plug is soooo small to read!).

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Euby said:

I'm planning on using this charging station in the US socket for charging my electronics...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B093LDTHZY/ref=ox_sc_act_title_5?smid=A2FT4K2WVUA3QY&th=1
51MQ9NRydqL._AC_.jpg

I'm going to use this in the European socket along with an extension cord for my CPAP.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EOI2N2M/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?smid=ALEWIQ2F9CQDR&psc=1
81Y4viV6ZdL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Just check that your CPAP is dual voltage - the EU plug will be 220 V and USA plugs are 110V. This is normally not a problem for electronics (or usb powered things) - just check the back of the cpap  or the instructions that it says somewhere it is dual voltage - my partner's is - but from NZ most things that can be carried out fo the country are dual voltage these days 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, lissie said:

Just check that your CPAP is dual voltage - the EU plug will be 220 V and USA plugs are 110V. This is normally not a problem for electronics (or usb powered things) - just check the back of the cpap  or the instructions that it says somewhere it is dual voltage - my partner's is - but from NZ most things that can be carried out fo the country are dual voltage these days 

I double checked the sticker on the bottom of my CPAP and it shows AC 100-240V, so that should be ok, right?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Euby said:

I double checked the sticker on the bottom of my CPAP and it shows AC 100-240V, so that should be ok, right?

Perfect - that's all you need to have -the machine will deal with either plug 

• Thanks 1

On 3/1/2023 at 6:33 PM, Crew News said:

My point is that if it LOOKS similar to the my photo, it will be confiscated.  It will be up to you after the confiscation to prove to the ship Guest Relations staff that it does not contain a surge protector.  Good luck trying that.  Guest Relations will not call an electrician to verify your claim of no surge protector.  I have been that route.

If your multi-port extension cord does not look like the photo, it will not be confiscated. Here is an option that I use with the cord and base packed in separate pieces of luggage:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071YPQ4KS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Thanks for the link. This one looks good. I trust that you would know what's okay. But the description says it protects against, among other things, "over charging, over current, over voltage." That isn't some kind of surge protector? (I see similar wording for other "no surge protector" extensions)