Clarion-seawall

kelkel2

I love the location of the hotel. But is there something else that is just as convenient to

the pleasure pier. I had originally thought we could stay there as it certainly looks like walking distance, therefore really convenient. But I just can’t get over the reviews.
I thought originally the reviews were previous to the renovations they had, but even some of the reviews from a few months ago talk of roaches in the rooms and bathrooms, showers and counters with hair in them, etc. 

I just can’t get past the reviews and I just don’t know if I can bring myself to book this hotel, despite the convenient location. 
One thing we know for sure, is that our kids want to go to the pleasure pier, and I think it sounds fun too. So I’d like to stay close to there. We’re considering driving to Galveston so we also could drive to the pier, I don’t mind paying to park. 
Can anyone give current info on the hotel? Have you stayed there? Is there something better I should look into? 

I've never stayed at that hotel, so I can't speak to its pros and cons. But The Galvez is a really nice hotel within walking distance to Pleasure Pier (as long as you don't have mobility issues -- it's a few blocks). It's expensive, but depending on what time of year and what day(s) of the week you plan on staying, you might be able to score a deal. It may be cost prohibitive on a weekend in the summer for many families. 

But, if you're considering spending more to stay at a nicer hotel, just find a cheaper one farther down Seawall and pay to park for the day. Or better yet, snag one of the few free beach access parking spots on the streets that run perpendicular to Seawall. Totally doable in the offseason.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MujerIsla said:

I've never stayed at that hotel, so I can't speak to its pros and cons. But The Galvez is a really nice hotel within walking distance to Pleasure Pier (as long as you don't have mobility issues -- it's a few blocks). It's expensive, but depending on what time of year and what day(s) of the week you plan on staying, you might be able to score a deal. It may be cost prohibitive on a weekend in the summer for many families. 

But, if you're considering spending more to stay at a nicer hotel, just find a cheaper one farther down Seawall and pay to park for the day. Or better yet, snag one of the few free beach access parking spots on the streets that run perpendicular to Seawall. Totally doable in the offseason.

Thanks!! I have seen the Galvez too and that’s more my style, so for sure I’ll check that out! 

2 hours ago, MujerIsla said:

Do you think walking from the Galvez is too far for a 5 year old to walk? 

48 minutes ago, kelkel2 said:

Do you think walking from the Galvez is too far for a 5 year old to walk? 

I wouldn't think so. And you'd just be walking along the Seawall, so you could stop and sit if you needed to. It's probably less than half a mile. There's also a souvenir shop halfway in between, so if things get dicey, go bribe him/her with a trinket or ice cream (kidding, of course). 

8 minutes ago, MujerIsla said:

I wouldn't think so. And you'd just be walking along the Seawall, so you could stop and sit if you needed to. It's probably less than half a mile. There's also a souvenir shop halfway in between, so if things get dicey, go bribe him/her with a trinket or ice cream (kidding, of course). 

Oh perfect, we walked all over on our cruise just last month so I’m sure they’d be fine! Thank you!!

• Like 1