Breakaway....What are the differences between the 3 main dining rooms (Savor, Taste, and Manhattan Room)?

Healthmark

Menus are typically identical acroos all 3 MDR (one side lists items always available, other side is the daily features).  The Manhattan is positioned as a bit more "upscale"...folks dress nicer, decor is classier, and sometimes they even have musicians.  Taste and Savor are virtually identical, they're just two seperate locales because they are on opposite sides of the ship across from each other.  During peak times both Taste and Savor are open but when traffic is slower they open only one.

We prefer the Manhattan Room just because it is bigger and sometimes they play music which just makes the dinner experience nicer...also more chance of a window table. Taste and Savor are identical and are much smaller than the Manhattan Room. Usually they are much easier to get into. As stated the menus are identical in all the restaurants.

As others said above, the menu is the same at all 3. No matter the ship, my husband and I prefer the smaller MDRs over the large one. With Taste or Savor, we started by picking whichever one had the shorter line. After a few nights we would pick the one that we felt had better waitstaff. The larger MDRs like the Manhattan Room are just too big and overly fancy for us. We found service to be slower in the Manhattan Room. I'm not sure if that's intentional. Maybe they want to give you a leisurely dining experience but to me it seemed like the waitstaff was just overworked. Also, the smaller MDRs seem better able to accommodate a quicker service time if we wanted to made a show after dinner, which for us is every single night. 

Last time I was on only either only one of the Taste/Savor were open and the larger dining room - but this was when there was limited capacity.

I have nothing bad to say about any of them. Did the larger and smaller at least 2 nights each. I would say that the Manhattan had a much more formal feel, was darker and you could feel that it was larger. Taste/Savor was lighter, more open and airy. Both good food.

On my Joy cruise last week, both Taste and Savor were open for breakfast, lunch (on embarkation and

sea days) and dinner. Haven't seen that in awhile.  Depending on my mood, I do enjoy the Manhattan room but it does seem slower and louder (I think that might have to do with the music).

We don't care for the dessert in Teppanyaki so about 2 hours after eating there, we stopped by Taste to ask if we could just have dessert. Was only a 5 minute wait for a window table. 

• Like 1