Bangkok overnight excursion on Spectrum of the Seas

JCK2017

My family and I will be doing an overnight stay on Spectrum of the seas next year. They don't have any excursions out yet for this port, but we were curious if any of the cruises this year are offering an excursion that includes a hotel stay in Bangkok like some of the other cruise lines are doing. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hello. There appear to be some excursions on the site and app now. I will be traveling on one of the 2/2024 sailings.

I was wondering whether guests can get back on the ship at any time while the ship is at Laem Chabang port? My group would like to have the full day in Bangkok, including dinner. But then head back to the ship for the night and go to one of the beaches near the port the next morning. I can not find information on the RC website or app indicating whether one can board the ship at any time that night. 

• 3 months later...

We also have an overnight in Bangkok in February on the Spectrum however have booked a private tour guide with pick up and return to ship on the same day.

We are not going to stay overnight in Bangkok as ship sails around 1pm on the second day therefore would have had limited time to explore Bangkok on our second day.  Its going to be a full day trip with pick up st 8 am and return at 9 pm with a totally flexible itinerary.

My group has booked a hotel in Bangkok for the overnight. We want to fit in a cooking class and dinner, so staying overnight just seemed better for us. 

JCK2017, what company did you use for your drop off and pick-up? 

Thanks.  

4 hours ago, Stay Fabulous said:

My group has booked a hotel in Bangkok for the overnight. We want to fit in a cooking class and dinner, so staying overnight just seemed better for us. 

Thanks.  

That sounds good as well, think we will all be looking for a restful day on the ship once we return from adventures in Bangkok.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, McPhee1 said:

We also have an overnight in Bangkok in February on the Spectrum however have booked a private tour guide with pick up and return to ship on the same day.

We are not going to stay overnight in Bangkok as ship sails around 1pm on the second day therefore would have had limited time to explore Bangkok on our second day.  Its going to be a full day trip with pick up st 8 am and return at 9 pm with a totally flexible itinerary.

What company did you book your your through? We're looking for a local guide to take us around when we get there. 

Thanks! 

19 hours ago, Stay Fabulous said:

We booked thru royal caribbean. They drop us off the morning we arrive and pick us back up the next morning. 

54 minutes ago, JCK2017 said:

What company did you book your your through? We're looking for a local guide to take us around when we get there. 

Thanks! 

Hi, We booked via the following http://www.thaitourguide.com/

Loads of choices on their website and good reviews.  They were quick to respond to email enquiry and adapted the itinerary to suit us although we have not been with them as yet.   We have elected for the suggested tour for cruise passengers as never been to Bangkok before plus an additional 3 hours in Bangkok to make the most of our full day.

The tour is via minivan for a maximum 8 people so think I will advertise on our Roll Call to see if anybody is interested in joining us, as we only need 2 spaces.  

Hope that helps

1 minute ago, McPhee1 said:

Loads of choices on their website and good reviews.  They were quick to respond to email enquiry and adapted the itinerary to suit us although we have not been with them as yet.   We have elected for the suggested tour for cruise passengers as never been to Bangkok before plus an additional 3 hours in Bangkok to make the most of our full day.

The tour is via minivan for a maximum 8 people so think I will advertise on our Roll Call to see if anybody is interested in joining us, as we only need 2 spaces.  

Hope that helps

Thanks! 

• 4 weeks later...

Just in case this helps anyone:  I'm on a cruise next year which overnights in Laem Chabang, the port for Bangkok.  Since Laem is so far, I hope to get to Bangkok on the first day with my luggage, stay overnight, sightsee the next day and fly home that evening. I'll probably need approval from the cruise line to disembark the ship a day early.  I just started looking for transportation.  I've heard from one company, .Asiashoreexcursions.net, and they will take 2 people with luggage in a car with a driver to Bangkok, then take us around the city for a couple hours to sightsee, and drop us at our hotel by 6 PM.  They would charge $275 USD for that.  If we want to go back to Laem Chabang the next day, they would charge $290, including the "to" Bangkok day activities.  (I assume the driver  has to drive back to Laem Chabang either way, so the cost is not all that different.)  Entrance fees are not included, and the driver is not a tour guide.  But prices include port entrance fees, car, driver, and $40 for the time/cost to sightsee. I have no idea if these are good prices or not, but I just thought I'd put this out there in case someone was interested. 

Edited by IWantToLiveOverTheSea

On 8/23/2023 at 12:46 AM, IWantToLiveOverTheSea said:

Just in case this helps anyone:  I'm on a cruise next year which overnights in Laem Chabang, the port for Bangkok.  Since Laem is so far, I hope to get to Bangkok on the first day with my luggage, stay overnight, sightsee the next day and fly home that evening. I'll probably need approval from the cruise line to disembark the ship a day early.  I just started looking for transportation.  I've heard from one company, .Asiashoreexcursions.net, and they will take 2 people with luggage in a car with a driver to Bangkok, then take us around the city for a couple hours to sightsee, and drop us at our hotel by 6 PM.  They would charge $275 USD for that.  If we want to go back to Laem Chabang the next day, they would charge $290, including the "to" Bangkok day activities.  (I assume the driver  has to drive back to Laem Chabang either way, so the cost is not all that different.)  Entrance fees are not included, and the driver is not a tour guide.  But prices include port entrance fees, car, driver, and $40 for the time/cost to sightsee. I have no idea if these are good prices or not, but I just thought I'd put this out there in case someone was interested. 

Thanks for that, it makes sense for you to do this.   Hopefully the cruise will let you disembark a day early but I don't see why they would object as long as they were aware.

This does seem a good price is that per couple or pp? 

I have contacted the same company for prices for our other ports but not heard back from them, do you have a direct email address for them?

On 8/24/2023 at 4:17 AM, McPhee1 said:

Thanks for that, it makes sense for you to do this.   Hopefully the cruise will let you disembark a day early but I don't see why they would object as long as they were aware.

This does seem a good price is that per couple or pp? 

I have contacted the same company for prices for our other ports but not heard back from them, do you have a direct email address for them?

I had to leave a cruise early once because the airline canceled my return flight home with no other flight we could make that day.  I wanted to get home.  I cleared early departure with Oceania a few weeks pre-cruise.  Oceania had to get it approved with immigration/customs officials in New Zealand. They let us know when we needed to be in a particular place on the ship, with our luggage, on the day we were to depart. Our room steward helped us with the luggage, which was nice. On that morning, we and 4 other people met personally with NZ officials on the ship.   We had already been to a NZ port by that time, which will be the same for us on our cruise ending in Laem Chabang.  We ended up keeping the tour guide/transfer person waiting a bit, but otherwise all was OK. 

The prices quoted for the Laem Chabang transfer are for two people in a vehicle. The driver may not speak much English, but can use whatsapp to have someone translate.  The email I received back was from booking@asiashoreexcursions.net.  It indicated I should CC any replies to the person who sent the email, which was ngoan.le@travelauthenticasia.com to prevent any missed communications.  (This is apparently Ms Ngoan Lee (File handle): +84 903 432 999).

I haven't yet decided what I'm going to do, and haven't yet responded.  So don't know much more -- for example, if the company requires a deposit or payment up front, if we can cancel, reputation of company, a guess as to how long trip will take, etc.  

Edited by IWantToLiveOverTheSea

On 8/25/2023 at 2:30 PM, IWantToLiveOverTheSea said:

I had to leave a cruise early once because the airline canceled my return flight home with no other flight we could make that day.  I wanted to get home.  I cleared early departure with Oceania a few weeks pre-cruise.  Oceania had to get it approved with immigration/customs officials in New Zealand. They let us know when we needed to be in a particular place on the ship, with our luggage, on the day we were to depart. Our room steward helped us with the luggage, which was nice. On that morning, we and 4 other people met personally with NZ officials on the ship.   We had already been to a NZ port by that time, which will be the same for us on our cruise ending in Laem Chabang.  We ended up keeping the tour guide/transfer person waiting a bit, but otherwise all was OK. 

The prices quoted for the Laem Chabang transfer are for two people in a vehicle. The driver may not speak much English, but can use whatsapp to have someone translate.  The email I received back was from booking@asiashoreexcursions.net.  It indicated I should CC any replies to the person who sent the email, which was ngoan.le@travelauthenticasia.com to prevent any missed communications.  (This is apparently Ms Ngoan Lee (File handle): +84 903 432 999).

I haven't yet decided what I'm going to do, and haven't yet responded.  So don't know much more -- for example, if the company requires a deposit or payment up front, if we can cancel, reputation of company, a guess as to how long trip will take, etc.  

Thank you for the information.

On 7/31/2023 at 6:38 AM, McPhee1 said:

Hope that helps

Do you have room for 2?

Jo Bakes

7 hours ago, Joba7 said:

Do you have room for 2?

Jo Bakes

We do still have room, loads of details from tour operator.  

Probably easier to email you, so you can see what they have proposed although we have total flexibility with the itinerary.  What's your email address and I can forward on?

• 3 months later...

Hi folks. 

Just tapping in on this thread in case any one has a clue on this as I cant seem to find this answer anywhere. So apologies first for this intrusion! We're also on this cruise next year and planning to get off the ship at Laem Chabang and returning on the same day. Does anyone know if there is a curfew to board the ship on the same day? Thanks in advance.