Forward Facing rooms - quantum class

grod19

I got back about a month ago from the Anthem of the seas 11 night trip from NJ to the Caribbean.  We were staying in a forward facing room on deck 8.  Throughout the trip there was a massive banging sound in the room.  A friend was staying in the front as well on the opposite side of the boat and heard it as well.  Metal smashing on metal type sound.  Almost like someone dropped a couch.  Talked to guest services and they had some people come to the room and they said it was the waves hitting the front of the boat.  I was a little surprised by this as we are many decks up from the water level and I could only imagine what it sounded like at the water level.  Anyone else stay towards the very front and have this issue?  Luckily we all sleep pretty heavily, so it didn't ruin the trip.

1 minute ago, Oceansaway17 said:

And I stayed in room in front of ship where I could hear the crew bar under the bow.

It is best to a room as high up as possible 

same, on some nights you could hear a murmur from the crew bar but again it wasn't a disturbance to us.

We were on the 11 night leaving Jan 2. We were on the most forward starboard balcony room on deck 7. We occationally heard the crew bar as well as a couple of loud bangs in the night which was more than just a slaming door. I suppose it could have been waves but it sounded more like some sort of mechanical noise. I suspect there is a lot of things under the bow such as the anchor mechanics which might go bang in the night. But in the end we had a wonderful cruise and the noise only happened once or twice.

7 hours ago, grod19 said:

Anyone else stay towards the very front and have this issue?  Luckily we all sleep pretty heavily, so it didn't ruin the trip.

We have stayed in forward facing rooms, not on the Anthem, and heard the ponding of the waves on the bow. Not quite a sofa, but it was definitely loud and noisy in heavy seas. 

We were in an aft facing room on the Quantum to Alaska last year and was amazed and the large amounts of soot there was from the engines. We were on Deck 10, so our balcony was not covered by any above us. Every morning, I would go out and wipe down the railing and the chairs, otherwise we would be covered in black soot. Our steward would wash down the balcony morning and night. It was pretty bad.