Cases Query for journey home - Barbados to Birmingham Airport Charter Flight

Paula2023

Hello, having never cruised before I am wondering what happens to my case on the return journey. I know you leave it outside your cabin the night before but when do I see my case again? Outside the ship or Barbados airport or even not until Birmingham airport? I just need to plan accordingly. Looking forward to my Arvia cruise departing 4 March. Not long now!

Many Thanks

6 minutes ago, Paula2023 said:

Hello, having never cruised before I am wondering what happens to my case on the return journey. I know you leave it outside your cabin the night before but when do I see my case again? Outside the ship or Barbados airport or even not until Birmingham airport? I just need to plan accordingly. Looking forward to my Arvia cruise departing 4 March. Not long now!

Many Thanks

Hi Paula

We are also travelling from Birmingham on the 4th.

I presume you are on for two weeks so you will be flying back to 

Birmingham on 18th.

You will leave your cases outside your cabin and you will not see

them again until you arrive at the luggage carousel at Birmingham.

So be sure to keep things out for your journey!

If you wish you can hire a day cabin on the 18th so you can shower etc

before your flight back, you normally get taken to the airport around 3.00pm.

We are actually sailing back a couple of weeks later and the coach

from Southampton will drop us off at Birmingham airport on 2 April.

Good luck and hope to see you around.

Terri

15 minutes ago, silkworms said:

Hi Paula

We are also travelling from Birmingham on the 4th.

I presume you are on for two weeks so you will be flying back to 

Birmingham on 18th.

You will leave your cases outside your cabin and you will not see

them again until you arrive at the luggage carousel at Birmingham.

So be sure to keep things out for your journey!

If you wish you can hire a day cabin on the 18th so you can shower etc

before your flight back, you normally get taken to the airport around 3.00pm.

We are actually sailing back a couple of weeks later and the coach

from Southampton will drop us off at Birmingham airport on 2 April.

Good luck and hope to see you around.

Terri

Thank you Terri good information to have this site is a godsend, and yes that's why I was asking wondering how I will manage and what to leave out etc. Wow you've got one hell of a cruise stint! As you said we are flying home on the 18th. Hope to bump into you on board. You'll have to wear a red rose! 🤣 

Paula

As has been mentioned as the cases go the night before, you need a bag for toiletries etc and anything that you need for the following day and to put night clothes and clothes being worn after putting your cases out the evening before in. For a fly cruise you need a larger bag or holdall to put the aforementioned and any anything that you do not want to go in the hold in your main luggage, ie valuables fragile items in, which you will take on the aircraft and put in the overhead locker. If you are not leaving the ship for the airport until the afternoon then there is usually the provision on board to for left luggage so you do not need to cart this around with you if you wish to go ashore. If you decide to do a “farewell” excursion which ends at the airport then this cabin bag is taken by you to the excursion coach and then by you to the mag and bag at the airport.

• Thanks 1

Only thing I would add to the good advice being given above is ..

If you or anyone has a medication tablets that has to be taken daily, then keep enough

of them with you in your hand luggage that will see you well past your arrival home.

99 out of 100 goes smooth but a aircraft delay or a missing case that has your meds 

inside ,would not be good . 

• Thanks 1

Also Paula, as you have not cruised before do not hesitate in asking

your cabin steward, they are usually lovely people and only too willing to help out.

We sometimes go in a lounge at Birmingham but we are not doing this time as we quite like Birmingham airport, it is how Manchester used to be but is now awful.

Depending on the weather, will probably have a red anorak on, we are

getting a taxi from Redditch.

Any other queries, glad to help, we have done this cruise very often so as you can tell, we like it!!

Terri

Yes maybe see you in Birmingham airport. We are not bothering with an airport lounge. We would have to leave home way too early to get our money's worth 🤣 I'll look out for you, I can pick your brains then! There are 3 of us travelling together, myself, my partner Peter and my friend. We are aged between 58 and 62, I have an auburn bob, my friend has blond just below  shoulder length hair and Peter has dark hair so maybe you will spot us in one of the bars. Thanks again for your help.

Paula