Fiji in late January

maureenk

Hello!  We planned a cruise of New Zealand for February since that is supposed to be one of the nicest months weather wise. Now planning to add an additional tour since the flights are so long from the US. We are very interested in the blue lagoon cruise of fiji Yasawa islands however I’m concerned about rainy season for end of January. The dining area is open air so I’m envisioning hot and humid perhaps too much so. Suggestions?  Advise? Alternatives?  Thanks in advance. 

22 hours ago, maureenk said:

Hello!  We planned a cruise of New Zealand for February since that is supposed to be one of the nicest months weather wise. Now planning to add an additional tour since the flights are so long from the US. We are very interested in the blue lagoon cruise of fiji Yasawa islands however I’m concerned about rainy season for end of January. The dining area is open air so I’m envisioning hot and humid perhaps too much so. Suggestions?  Advise? Alternatives?  Thanks in advance. 

Hi, we’ve been all over the South Pacific and it is really pot luck on weather.  That said, our times in Fiji have been Spring and summer.  We are returning next year (one of our favorite places in world) also in June to celebrate anniversary.  We actually got married in Fiji.  Anyway on our supposed wedding day in June that year it poured rain all day so we postponed one day.  But the rest of the trip was great and we ended up sort of stumbling into the Blue Lagoon cruise as an add on.  The entire Yasawa Island chain is fantastic.  We’ve also been to Fiji in Spring and showers can blow through and then done and this can be true all over South Pacific.  Maybe just roll the dice, the South Pacific can be so unpredictable.  

Thank you so much!  How did you like the blue lagoon cruise?  I can’t imagine no A/C in the tropics so the open air dining concerns me. The trip sounds and looks amazing!!  We’d love all the snorkel time. Thanks in advance for any details you can provide on the blue lagoon cruise - Maureen 

12 hours ago, maureenk said:

Thank you so much!  How did you like the blue lagoon cruise?  I can’t imagine no A/C in the tropics so the open air dining concerns me. The trip sounds and looks amazing!!  We’d love all the snorkel time. Thanks in advance for any details you can provide on the blue lagoon cruise - Maureen 

Well for us it was a bit different because we had no plans to take it, but we knew the captain and went to see he and his wife.  Then he insisted we go and take his berth.  So we had a sort of hybrid cruise. Also this was years ago.  If you can’t find much on it on CC try TA or Reddit, see if you have better luck.  What I will say is back then it was a very small ship but that’s what you want in Fiji and the Yasawa Islands are, to me, the best part of Fiji.  Open air for us was no problem because we love the warm, we live in Desert SW.  anyway good luck and one way or another do Fiji, our favorite in all the South Pacific.