sea life park luau

lomillerin

Who knew? I hadnt heard of it, and we live here! The web site makes it look terrific.

The park itself is under new management now and we havent been since the changes. Previously, it was a nice diversion for kids, but certainly not to the level of Sea World. If you could get discount tix, then it was worth it for a 1/2 day activity. It only changed hands recently so I dont know what was changed or added. If I hear anything more I will add it.

Ouch, $80?

We might be trying Germaine's ourselves in the near future - it took a LOT of convincing to get my wife to agree to go ... :) We're more doing it to hang out with friends rather than any desire to go the luau itself.

Spleen

This was exactly what I wanted to post and ask. I saw it on one of the tour sites. However, they want $16 to transport you back and forth. Prices have really gone up, since I was in Oahu 3 years ago!!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you plan for a very full day, it's not too bad, about 100.00 per adult.

Take the earliest transportation there, it's called Seahorse. It's included in the above price. Spend the day at the park, get your hand stamped and walk across to Makapu'u - don't go in the water unless you're a VERY strong swimmer, but it's a nice beach.

You may want to shell out the extra $$ for going in the water with the animals during the day - be warned, they sell these HARD. POUND! POUND! POUND! At the beginning and ending of every show, they mention their Animal Discoveries - it's the thing that pays for the rest of the park, for them.

Yes, food there is pricey; I'd suggest a big breakfast in your room before you go or an early lunch at the park. The shave ice there is good; when we lived in Hawaii Kai and went driving along the coast, we'd stop there for it.

If your kids like animals, it's actually pretty easy to kill 9-5 at Sea Life Park - just remember, dis ain't the mainland, no hurry!

With the Luau, you get a dolphin show, all-you-can-eat meal, and a show by the famous Tihati troupe - Tihati's had shows going in Hawaii since Don Ho was in diapers, practically!

When you get back to your room that night, you'll be tired, full and have a day full of good memories.

Hope this helps.

Archived