Waving at a cruise webcam

joyciegirl

When my brother and his DW go on a cruise, they arrange to be in the "internet room" at a certain time and all of us go on the web and watch them wave. This may sound silly to all of you seasoned cruisers, but we want to do it on our first cruise on the Sapphire, April 22nd to Mexico. I notice there is an outside cam that doesn't look too "waver friendly" :) There is only one other: A wedding cam. Would it be possible to charm or bribe our way into that room so we can WAVE at our family? Joyciegirl

We were able to do this on our January cruise on the Coral. We talked to the main desk and they arranged for the web cam to remain on after the wedding at a prearranged time amd it worked out well. Good luck.

Our DD and SIL and grandchildren were on the Caribbean Princess last summer. They told us they would be at the very front of the ship at a certain time and we were able to see them clearly as they waved. I thought that was amazing. On the other hand, a couple of years ago they did their vow renewal and had us all around our computer to watch the wedding cam and for some reason it didn't work that day!! So, I guess you never know, but it was fun seeing them all on Caribbean Princess. Good Luck!

Why not bring your own web camera and connect to the computer in the library. Check with the ship before your cruise and see if the computer has a port for the camera.

I DO have a webcam. Hmmm I read last night those folks with suites can have free internet. Could this be true? :confused: We only have a mini-suite.

Perhaps the list referred to people in REALLY expensive SUITES. BUT, if that is so, I will bring my own webcam and ask permission. You have given me food for thought...how fun! April 22nd cannot come fast enough! Thanks a bunch!

Unless you bring your own laptop and pay for wireless Internet access, your webcam will be just extra weight to carry around. The computers for the Internet cafes onboard have no access ports. You can't plug anything in. In fact, on most of the ships all you can do is surf the Internet, you can't even open up Notepad or anything.

I wondered too whether I'd be able to go into the wedding chapel to wave at my significant other who had to stay home during my last cruise. They held computer classes during the day in the chapel so I asked him to check the web cam to see if he could see the classes. All he saw was a still picture that never changed. I think some of the wedding cams are bogus, they have them turned off and show just a still picture unless there is a wedding scheduled.

Jackie

Unless you bring your own laptop and pay for wireless Internet access, your webcam will be just extra weight to carry around. The computers for the Internet cafes onboard have no access ports. You can't plug anything in. Jackie

EXCELLENT "inside" info Jackie....thanks for taking the time to answer.

Joyciegirl

Archived