Upgrade offer

I'm a fairly novice cruiser. I have a cruise booked of July 13 our of Galveston on the Breeze. It is my mom, sister and I. It is  my sisters first cruise so I want it to be a good experience for her.

We are currently booked in 6230 and have an upgrade offer for 11256 for only $44. 

I am not familiar with the Breeze so I am not sure if I should take the upgrade or not. The original room is an 8A category and the upgraded room is an 8G category. 

Any help or advice?

Edited by HollyHobbie22

Per the deck plans, 6230 is a connecting room (so there will be a door (locked) to the cabin on one side or the other), and has a standard balcony, type 8A.

The other room has the same overall characteristics, but is "8G".

Both locations have cabins above and below, and both relatively forward.  But 11256 is closer to the elevators - which could mean more noise from fellow pax getting on and off, or could mean easier access to your cabin because it is right near the elevators.

I dunno, seem about equal, as far as the actual room goes.  So the only other real difference is location, affecting access to the rest of the ship:

Deck 6 vs Deck 11.

Not sure I'd bother with the upgrade, but YMMV.

• Like 1

Have to agree, the location also on deck 11 is mighty close to the waterworks area, might be noisy at times.  We usually prefer lower decks and more midship to avoid movement.  Look at the deck plans yourself and compare and determine what location works best for your family.  

• Like 1

I agree with what other's have said.  You'd be paying $44 just to be on a higher floor and to be slightly closer to the elevators.  Deck 11 is shared with Camp Ocean so thee is a possibility you may have kiddoes running around on that floor.  If it were me, I'd pass on the upgrade.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hard_eight said:

6230 is actually above the forward theater.

Hmph, didn't notice that.  That alone might tempt me to move, though I don't recall hearing anyone complain about the theater being noisy for cabins above.

OTOH, we stay up late, so we'd still be out and about after the last show was over, so may be a moot point of that is the case for you.

• Like 1