Navigator Reviews - Tell me more

5 hours ago, GeorgiaPeach51 said:

Would love to meet with you for dinner sometime!  It has been a while since we all met in the pool on the Explorer.  Knowing how particular you are, based on our conversations, I am now excited about Navigator, whereas before, I had a little trepidation.  If YOU like it, we are sure to like it!  😀

Joanie

We liked it but had already framed our expectations as compared to the Explorer knowing the Navigator's limitations - but felt it was a good value at the time when we booked - going to a few places in the Caribbean we had not been to.  The May one coming up -  definately a good value back when we booked - 15 nights $5350pp and $2150 OBC.  For that we will put up with Navigator's short comings. 

Navigator - No wow factor - just nice - more compact - but did NOT feel crowded/cramped. CC complaints about Sette Mari - were not our experience - we eat early and never had a problem getting seated almost immediatly (ate there 4x) getting a table - usually about 1845.  Chair hogs were out and I am pissed Regent apparently still is not addressing it.  Next cruise I will be aggressive in involving the general manager - if necessary.  Did miss having the other two restaurants but found enough variety in the CR menus - a few misses - but immediate attempts by staff to correct.  Your husband will be happy - lobster still available any night - for me due to the moratorium in Alaska on Red King Crab I miss KC.  The production shows of course were limited as compared to mainstream ships  but were entertaining  - and still had a better production value than SS or Seabourn and live music always a plus.  Regent puts a lot more resources into its show and stage production facilty - than the other two lux lines - and no I am not saying its Broadway by any means - but was better than high school musical we found on Silver Sea.  We were invited to dine one night with the lead singer and discussed how their world works on ships.  Really had no big complaints.  Overall was a good time.  BUT as you can see from other YMMV. 

Ray

PS still can't get proper French Toast anywhere. But they did have Cronuts.

• Like 1

@Yankeeclipper1 Let’s see if we can work out a meal in Sette Mari….we are big fans.  The steaks we had there several times last cruise checked all the boxes plus some.  I still laugh when I remember you saying you had the Food and Beverage Manager of a certain ship from a line starting with S on speed dial!  I agree about the chair hogs…the entitlement that encompasses that whole issue just makes my head hurt.  We are looking forward to a nice, relaxing cruise.  We hope to fall in love with the little Navigator…going in with open and undemanding minds.

Joanie

• Like 2

Hello we return to Navigator to go to the smaller ports in Norwegian fiords

question. Is cruise director Ray Solaire on board?

will he be on when we go to Norway in AUGUST

sure hope so

we were with him on Navigator on Trans Atlantic   Amsterdam to New York , prior to Covid-19 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, EagleScout66 said:

Hello we return to Navigator to go to the smaller ports in Norwegian fiords

question. Is cruise director Ray Solaire on board?

will he be on when we go to Norway in AUGUST

sure hope so

we were with him on Navigator on Trans Atlantic   Amsterdam to New York , prior to Covid-19 

He was last week.

• Like 1