safaga shore excursions : 2 days Luxor, warning they are a scam

fvandewouwer

This is my very first "bad" review and I write it because the add is a scam ! Everyone needs to know what you get is not what they published and certainly not what we have paid for.

We booked through Safaga Shore Excursions a 2 day tour to Luxor from Safaga Port

the add :

" Enjoy a PRIVATE 2 days Luxor tour from Safaga Port to enjoy a wonderful experience in Luxor city joining a PRIVATE tour guide to ....

"All transfers by a PRIVATE air-conditioned vehicle"

"You will be transferred back to Safaga Port by a MODERN A.C vehicle."

what we got : there was NO private vehicle waiting for us there was NO private tour guide and there was NO modern AC vehicle there was no one waiting for us with a plate with our name on it.

When I called their emergency phone number someone  said to wait in the lobby which we did, after half an hour we started to look outside the parking lot and found a lot more people who were looking to find a private car. I called the number again and they said to look for a bus, they said that our tour was a shared tour and that they never confirmed that our booking was going to be private.

We were pushed in an old and dirty bus with 45 people and some of them also had booked a private tour some of them booked through TripAdvisor some of them booked through other companies and we all paid different prices.

We left the parking lot after 1.5 hours waiting for other people who never showed up. The drive to Luxor is about 4.5 hours which we hoped to do in a decent car.  The tour itself was ok  the guide tried to make the best out of it as he had to deal with a lot of disappointed people.

What bothered me the most is that they lied they asked too much money for a bus transportation to Luxor and a shopping tour which this mainly was.

This is a warning : don't book with this company unless you are fine with a shared shopping trip to Luxor.

• 1 month later...

Thank-You for the “heads-up”. I’ve looked at this company’s reviews on TripAdvisor -  all  the positive comments about this company were “pre-COVID”. That company doesn’t exist today, and I recommended Tripadvisor remove the old reviews.