Recent Set Sail Changes?

I noticed on the most recent set sail pass in my app for my upcoming sailing that it isn't showing Suite Class (staying in JS) or my Club Royale status like my other set sail passes have shown in the past. I called Royal's Club Royale number to verify my status as well as ask why it's not showing. They transferred me over to the dept that handles set sail passes and am being told that since the very recent latest update your set sail pass will now only show your crown and anchor loyalty status and not if you are in suite class or your Club Royale status anymore. So I asked how are they supposed to know at the port if you have priority suite access for boarding anymore as they used to just look at the set sail pass on the app to see. He is telling me that they will now scan your set-sail pass to verify instead of just viewing it to verify. Has anyone else noticed these changes or been told this same info?

Edited by bajathree

1 minute ago, bajathree said:

I noticed on the most recent set sail pass in my app for my upcoming sailing that it isn't showing Suite Class (staying in JS) or my Club Royale status like my other set sail passes have shown in the past. I called Royal's Club Royale number to verify my status as well as ask why it's not showing. They transferred me over to the dept that handles set sail passes and am being told that since the very recent latest update your set sail pass will now only show your loyalty status and not if you are in suite class or your Club Royale status anymore. So I asked how are they supposed to know at the port if you have priority suite access for boarding anymore as they used to just look at the set sail pass on the app to see. He is telling me that they will now scan your set-sail pass to verify instead of just viewing it to verify. Has anyone else noticed these changes or been told this same info?

I just did mine recently.  My set sail pass says suite and under that it says sky class.  It’s a little weird because mine is purple while the others (same cabin) are blue in color.  But all day suite and sky to the right of where the cabin number is listed.  

3 minutes ago, topnole said:

I just did mine recently.  My set sail pass says suite and under that it says sky class.  It’s a little weird because mine is purple while the others (same cabin) are blue in color.  But all day suite and sky to the right of where the cabin number is listed.  

Hmmmmmmm....interesting. The purple color should signify diamond plus...but on your set sail pass it seems it showing suite but not showing your crown and anchor status other than for the color....assuming you are diamond plus?

Edited by bajathree

Yes.  We all are technically D+ since we are a family. But now that I think about it, not sure I added everyone’s ca number because I didn’t have them on me at the time.  I only had one other, but that one showed up blue too?   Kind of odd. 

It sounds odd to me. My first question to him was did they cut JS's from priority boarding and being able to use the suite line and sit in the suite area at the port and thats why it's not showing suite class on the set sail pass like it used to in the past. This is my third Odyssey sailing...so comparing same ship and same port but this is first time the set sail pass shows differently.. He then said I don't think that junior suites have priority boarding access anymore...but then read through the Royal material and said oh no they do....it's shows it right here and read it to me. Typical Royal...their own material conflicts as I see some things say yes and then others say no...they have their own staff confused as well as their passengers. 

21 hours ago, The Scurvy Pirate said:

Just got off a cruise on Monday and was able to simply "flash" my card that showed prime to get a drink....

They will use Prime "sticker" if a glitch occurs, but your first order could take longer to verify.