Online Ticket Agents

jc522

We need to pre-purchase museum tickets for our 3 days in Venice. What are the best online ticket sites? I looked at Viator, but they seem to be mostly selling tours rather than tickets. Thanks.

2 hours ago, MeHeartCruising said:

Which museums?  This looks like it is an official site for several… (I found it by doing a Google search). 

https://www.visitmuve.it/en/home/

Thanks. I saw that, but I had difficulty with the lack of English descriptions on some of the pages. It does appear that their prices are much lower than Viator's and others.

"Museums" include St. Marks Basilica, Campanile Tower, Doge's Palace, Scuola Grande Di San Rocco, and Gallerie Dell'accademia Venezia.

Edited by jc522

When buying tickets you should go directly to the official website for the museum. Don't buy from Viator or a reseller. When I google search, I usually type in something like "Vatican museums official website" and generally (but not always) the top result will be the official site.

That said, online businesses are getting sneakier and sneakier so sometimes it's hard to tell....

If you can be more specific regarding the museums you want to visit, maybe some of us know the official site.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

If you can be more specific regarding the museums you want to visit, maybe some of us know the official site.

"Museums" include St. Marks Basilica, Campanile Tower, Doge's Palace, Scuola Grande Di San Rocco, and Gallerie Dell'accademia Venezia. Thanks.

You do not need a ticket to enter St. Marks and see the main basilica interior, only if you plan to visit special areas of the basilica such as the museum (entrance via stairs from the foyer -- worth it to see the real bronze horses up close as well as a stellar view onto the piazza) or the treasury. In the past when I visited the museum I just walked up the stairs and paid the small entry fee at a ticket window before entering.

Doge's Palace:  https://palazzoducale.visitmuve.it/en/home/.  Or if you don't purchase in advance, you can get your ticket for the Doge's Palace entry at the Correr Museum (the ticket includes entry to both). The location to buy these tickets is in the area under the arcade on the opposite side of Piazza San Marco from the basilica. 

The "official" tickets for the Campanile can only be purchased onsite by standing in line. There are online sites that will sell you a ticket at a markup (at Campanile 10 euro vs. advanced 15 euro or more).  I don't have any experience with any of these third-party agents.

While looking around for info on the Accademia and the Scuola di San Rocco, I notice there is a new official app called MyPass Venezia where you can purchase tickets at the official prices and presumably show a barcode or Q-R code on your phone at the entrance. I'd be tempted to give that a try....

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cruisemom42 said:

You do not need a ticket to enter St. Marks and see the main basilica interior, only if you plan to visit special areas of the basilica such as the museum (entrance via stairs from the foyer -- worth it to see the real bronze horses up close as well as a stellar view onto the piazza) or the treasury. In the past when I visited the museum I just walked up the stairs and paid the small entry fee at a ticket window before entering.

Doge's Palace:  https://palazzoducale.visitmuve.it/en/home/.  Or if you don't purchase in advance, you can get your ticket for the Doge's Palace entry at the Correr Museum (the ticket includes entry to both). The location to buy these tickets is in the area under the arcade on the opposite side of Piazza San Marco from the basilica. 

The "official" tickets for the Campanile can only be purchased onsite by standing in line. There are online sites that will sell you a ticket at a markup (at Campanile 10 euro vs. advanced 15 euro or more).  I don't have any experience with any of these third-party agents.

While looking around for info on the Accademia and the Scuola di San Rocco, I notice there is a new official app called MyPass Venezia where you can purchase tickets at the official prices and presumably show a barcode or Q-R code on your phone at the entrance. I'd be tempted to give that a try....

Thank you! I try the app.