Arashi Beach

SSAtlantic

• 1 month later...
On 4/10/2023 at 2:21 PM, pauly said:

I would like to know this as well. Is Arashi Beach better than going to Reflexions?

It depends on what you are looking for.  Reflexions is a beach club. It is in the downtown area,  close to the airport.  The water is very calm, like a lake. Arashi is towards the tip of the island,  near the lighthouse. There is a snack bar there, and a vendor with chairs and umbrellas.  The water has some waves. It is more like spending a day at the beach on your own. Both are good choices.  You can Google them and see pictures. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2023 at 11:43 AM, pauly said:

How much is a taxi from the cruise port to Arashi Beach?

Yes just wanted to follow up, does anyone know the cost of taxi from port to Arashi Beach? Also at Arashi Beach is their taxis stationed there to take you back to cruise.? Thanks in advance. Time. 

On 7/25/2023 at 5:10 PM, topspot said:

I believe I saw a taxi stand at Arashi the last time we were in Aruba (March 2023).  I don't know the cost of a taxi, we take the bus 2.50 each way per person

Thanks for your reply, I greatly appreciate it at this time. Also, have you been to Arashi Beach? Just looking for any feedback regarding the beach. Thanks again.  

The first time we went to Arashi there no amenities there.  Over the last 12  years or so they have added a beach bar, chair rentals, bathroom, dive shop.  We go for the snorkeling.  The last 2 times we were there we found it increasingly difficult to get out of the water, so when we went in March of 2023, we decided to rent a car.  Our "new favorite beach" is Boca Catalina (which is the beach before Arashi) .  There are no amenities at this beach, but the snorkeling is good and entrance and exit into water was much easier for us.  We are going in November and will use the bus to Boca Catalina.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, topspot said:

The first time we went to Arashi there no amenities there.  Over the last 12  years or so they have added a beach bar, chair rentals, bathroom, dive shop.  We go for the snorkeling.  The last 2 times we were there we found it increasingly difficult to get out of the water, so when we went in March of 2023, we decided to rent a car.  Our "new favorite beach" is Boca Catalina (which is the beach before Arashi) .  There are no amenities at this beach, but the snorkeling is good and entrance and exit into water was much easier for us.  We are going in November and will use the bus to Boca Catalina.

Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it. 

What did you mean by difficult to get out of water? 

Was there rocks in sand? Heavy Waves, or the ground was uneven? 

12 hours ago, Jayhoaps said:

Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it. 

What did you mean by difficult to get out of water? 

Was there rocks in sand? Heavy Waves, or the ground was uneven? 

It was not rocky.   The waves were making it difficult.  I ended up crawling on my hands and knees.  It was not a pretty sight, but I got myself out.

• 1 month later...