Ocean Cay yacht club cabana’s value for the $$

OP-cruisers

The beach to the right of the YC restaurant is a bit rockier than most but we still felt it was perfectly fine and we've loved our days lounging there. On our last MSC trip we rented out one of the cabanas. The service for us was slightly more attentive than the general service out amongst the lounge chairs but not enough to really matter. What mattered was just having more comfy furniture, more consistent shade, and and a table to eat at. Not sure if we'd bother again but we didn't feel we wasted our money on it either. (The cabana did include mats and snorkel gear but we were too lazy to use them. If you would use them you'd also save the rental price for those by getting a cabana)

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, karmamule said:

The beach to the right of the YC restaurant is a bit rockier than most but we still felt it was perfectly fine and we've loved our days lounging there. On our last MSC trip we rented out one of the cabanas. The service for us was slightly more attentive than the general service out amongst the lounge chairs but not enough to really matter. What mattered was just having more comfy furniture, more consistent shade, and and a table to eat at. Not sure if we'd bother again but we didn't feel we wasted our money on it either. (The cabana did include mats and snorkel gear but we were too lazy to use them. If you would use them you'd also save the rental price for those by getting a cabana)

Were you able to order food from the restaurant to eat in the cabana?  Or just drinks?

15 hours ago, smile145 said:

Were you able to order food from the restaurant to eat in the cabana?  Or just drinks?

Precovid , you could get drink and food delivered. That was December 2019.

Hopefully still the same, as we have one rented in August, split between two couples!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 3/6/2023 at 11:37 AM, Two Wheels Only said:

OceanCayCabana-scaled.jpg?width=1920

IMG_1802.thumb.jpg.5291dd6bdc5fff14ee645

Usually, there are reserved signs hanging somewhere.

You might have missed it. An honest mistake isn't the same as intentionally using something that is reserved for someone else. If you missed the sign, a sign wasn't there, or if you didn't know that those cabanas are only for the people who booked them, I'd say that you made a mistake. 

Two Wheels do you know if the YC cabana’s pictured are ocean view or ocean front?  We’re looking for one that might have palm trees near for some additional shade. Any recommendations? Thanks

1 hour ago, aero777 said:

Two Wheels do you know if the YC cabana’s pictured are ocean view or ocean front?  We’re looking for one that might have palm trees near for some additional shade. Any recommendations? Thanks

The cabanas are numbered. The ones in the photos are number 3 & 6 which are ocean front. I can't help with the tree situation since I never took notice of them.

38 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

The cabanas are numbered. The ones in the photos are number 3 & 6 which are ocean front. I can't help with the tree situation since I never took notice of them.

Thanks!

On 3/13/2023 at 2:56 PM, karmamule said:

What mattered was just having more comfy furniture, more consistent shade, and and a table to eat at.

100%! When I want solo I did not get one, but going soon with my parents and got one. Great for mobility challenges, sun sensitivity, etc. 

• Like 1

On 3/6/2023 at 12:55 PM, Wedgie Wedgie said:

Scold away mom. No reserved signs anywhere and nobody around. They are not very nice cabanas, the furniture is beat up and there is no bathroom. Price was right though!

Typical Entitled Attitude.  They normally all have signs hanging on that say reserve and I am sure they did the day you felt entitled.  You also, I am sure, knew that these were not for general use.  

• 3 months later...
On 3/5/2023 at 11:53 PM, cherylnj said:

I rented a Yacht Club Cabana the first time I sailed in Yacht Club. The Yacht Club beach is very rocky and not very enjoyable. I prefer renting a regular Cabana over by the lagoon and just head over to Ocean House for lunch. Or just grab a bite to eat at the food truck. 

Hi Cheryl, we were thinking about doing the same thing, however, one of our cruisers has mobility problems. Are the non YC cabanas close to a suitable walking area and would it be easy for our friends to catch a shuttle to the YC beach for lunch?