equinox sunset veranda

rockshadsun

Had this on an European cruise several years ago. Loved the view, but only a small overhang. Can’t remember the deck but it was several decks down from the Oceanview outdoor area. There was also a privacy issue (if that”s a concern) as most of the balcony could be seen from the decks above. 

I find the Sunset Verandahs on S-class ships like Equinox a bit too hot and sunny for my tastes, but mine is only one opinion.  If it is a sea day and you are looking to bake in the sun in the privacy of my own verandah, what better way to do it than at the aft with the hypnotic wake noise below you,  However, if you have just come back from a tiring excursion and you are looking to chill out in the shade, then a Sunset Verandah may not work in your favor depending on which way the ship is facing.  Fro the best of both worlds, I favor the deeper angled verandahs on the sides of the ship on deck 8,9, and 10 because they offer both sun and shade.  There are ten of these on each side on each of these decks.  But sometimes there are booked well in advance.  Deck 11 would not be an option for me because most of the angled verandahs will have the pool deck overhanging above them, so zero shade.  So maybe those would be worth you giving some consideration.  If you want shade on a Sunset Verandah, then you should consider the Millennium-class ships.  Also a great point mentioned above about the S-class Sunset Verandahs are all looked down upon from the decks above, so not much privacy.

Edited by Stem to Stern