New to Princess

Holidayfun141

We have booked a cruise on Sky Princess, is it possible to book once onboard a table for 2 in the Main Restaurant

at the earliest available time each evening with the same waiters, due to medical needs this would help us a great deal.

We have cruised with Princess before when you could request this on booking.

Can you have the Medallion App on just one mobile and is it easy to use.

We are from the UK and will be boarding in Southampton.

The ship looks amazing and so excited now we have booked .

To improve your chances I would suggest you try to make those reservations in advance once you have paid for your cruise in full, and then mention your specific desires to the MDR host once you board. 

Access Dine My Way

• Customize your reservations and other dining options.
  • Most guests will be able to access once your cruise is paid in full.
  • Early access for Captain's Circle Platinum and Elite members as well as guests booked in Reserve Collection and Suites.

Dine My Way℠ - Personalized Cruise Dining - Princess Cruises

Also, here's a thread that might be helpful.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

As @Ken the cruiserhas said try to book on the app before you sail. How well getting the same table every day works, really depends on the ship anymore...the head waiter (who I think is now called the assistant resturant manager) will review any necesssary meal modifications & help you preorder for the next day. You might stop by the MDR shortly after boarding & ask to speak to a manager & explain your situation & see if the system has actually given what you have requested (or just wait until) dinner & try to work it out then. 

The Medallion app is ok, parts are easier than others but you can put it on just one phone, or honestly sail without ever using it. 

22 hours ago, Holidayfun141 said:

We have booked a cruise on Sky Princess, is it possible to book once onboard a table for 2 in the Main Restaurant

at the earliest available time each evening with the same waiters, due to medical needs this would help us a great deal.

We have cruised with Princess before when you could request this on booking.

Can you have the Medallion App on just one mobile and is it easy to use.

We are from the UK and will be boarding in Southampton.

The ship looks amazing and so excited now we have booked .

We literally just got off that ship, so incredibly beautiful. If you have not watched Ben and David's tour of the ship yet, you really should. We watched it, and their entire Sky Princess vlog series to get a sense of the ship and the crew. Sky was our 5th Princess cruise, our first Royal Class ship and our first Princess ship since the restart. 

+1 to the folks above who said to book the MDR in advance. If you can get a restaurant other than Cielo, I would recommend that. Cielo has a very small and congested lobby area outside the restaurant. It's a lovely restaurant and the staff is amazing in all of them, but if you don't want to be in a crowded area before dinner, I would suggest the other two if you can get them. 

I don't know what your dietary/medical needs are but I can tell you we were absolutely impressed with Princess' labeling of the food, especially in the buffet where meat products, wheat, gluten and other ingredients were clearly labeled on those food items. In the MDR, the service was impeccable as to be expected from Princess and the quality of the MDR food far surpassed that of the other 3 cruise lines we've sailed since the restart who have MDRs.

If you can eat pizza, Alfredo's Pizzeria is a must. We've always enjoyed the poolside pizza at Slice, but Alfredo's could easily be an upcharge restaurant, but it's included. The only thing I didn't get to try that week was the calzone, next time!

Crown Grill was a much improved dinner over our last dinner there on the Crown Princess. Everything was simply delicious. Our shipmates did Bistro Sur Le Mar and said it was amazeballs. 

The Cruise Director staff is amazing and if you are a fan of trivia or fun audience participation games, Princess Live! has a slew of events during the day and into the evening that are a blast. 

And if you fancy a good cocktail, Good Spirits Bar on deck 6 in the Piazza is the best bar on the ship and my second favorite bar at sea. Especially if Eliot is still there, one of the best bartenders I've met in my almost 20 years of cruising, and he's from London. 🙂

Have an amazing time!

And here's Ben and David's tour: https://youtu.be/6DIkBuiHcjk

Edited by CruisingWalter
  • Thanks 1