Paid For Upgrade (After “Final Payment”) - Will Upgrade Bidding Be Updated to Reflect Current Cabin?

3OfDiamonds

I paid for an upgrade from Oceanview to Club Balcony to make sure I had the space I would need to be comfortable for my upcoming cruise (Jewel/Mexican Riviera/April 16-23); will the Upgrade Advantage page be updated to reflect the class of cabin I now have booked (so I would be able to bid on Suite/Haven upgrades), or is it locked in to the class of cabin for which I made “final payment” (Oceanview, which would limit bidding to Balcony/Club Balcony)?  Thanks in advance for any insights/experience 😊

1 minute ago, 3OfDiamonds said:

I paid for an upgrade from Oceanview to Club Balcony to make sure I had the space I would need to be comfortable for my upcoming cruise (Jewel/Mexican Riviera/April 16-23); will the Upgrade Advantage page be updated to reflect the class of cabin I now have booked (so I would be able to bid on Suite/Haven upgrades), or is it locked in to the class of cabin for which I made “final payment” (Oceanview, which would limit bidding to Balcony/Club Balcony)?  Thanks in advance for any insights/experience 😊

Yes, Once you pay to upgrade a few days later when you go to the Upgrade advantage page it will show the new class of cabins you now can bid on. for example we booked a Club Balcony for our Joy cruise in April and after final payment simply upgraded to an Aft Facing Haven Suite. Upgrade page changed only allowing us to bid on the 2 bedroom and the DOS. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, wolft927 said:

Yes, Once you pay to upgrade a few days later when you go to the Upgrade advantage page it will show the new class of cabins you now can bid on. for example we booked a Club Balcony for our Joy cruise in April and after final payment simply upgraded to an Aft Facing Haven Suite. Upgrade page changed only allowing us to bid on the 2 bedroom and the DOS. 

Do you recall what you were able to bid on prior to the upgrade?  I was thinking I would be able to bid on the two “metas” above Club Balcony but maybe that gets limited when it comes to Suites/Haven 🧐

1 hour ago, 3OfDiamonds said:

Do you recall what you were able to bid on prior to the upgrade?  I was thinking I would be able to bid on the two “metas” above Club Balcony but maybe that gets limited when it comes to Suites/Haven 🧐

Yes, if you book any balcony you will be able to bid up to any Haven Suite! 

• Like 1