Is it too late to use Visa points for an April cruise?

Here's the situation:

I recently got the RCCL Visa to rack up points toward shipboard credit. My current statement puts me over the 5K mark, so I can get a $50 voucher. My question is this - do I have enough time to turn it around to RCCL if my cruise is on April 15th? I can call today to get the ball rolling.

I know that the vouchers have an expiration date, so I don't want to risk not being able to use them. How long does it usually take to receive the vouchers?

Thanks for any advise! I can always keep the points for next time.

I am sailing on April 16 and I call Visa and requested they send me my "3" $50 credit coupons. They said it could take 3-4 weeks but usually just under a week. They won't guarentee it in under a week. I then have to send the coupons to Royal to get the onboard credit.

Note: If you have the 5,000 points from a recent purchase, they have to wait until your statement cuts before they can issue the coupons. Another words, if you charged something today and your statement doesn't cut until 3 weeks from now, you will have to wait 3 weeks.

Hope this helps

In the past, the MBNA rep usually told me 7-10 business days to get the coupons, although once they told me 6 weeks! In the past, I always got it in 7-10 business days. BUT 3 weeks ago I order one more coupon and it took 12 business days to get here. You then need to have it to RCCL at least 5 days prior to sailing. I'd say if you order it today, you'll be fine, but you are cutting it close...

A few months ago I requested a voucher for a free 3-4 day cruise. I spoke to a pretty knowledgeable C/S person at MBNA. They told me vouchers are processed and mailed out each Tuesday. I got my voucher within days of the request. So, if you call late on Tuesday or later in the week, it may take longer, if this info is true.

Thanks everyone for the advise. I went ahead and called and they were very nice. They also said 7-10 business days. I'll have to make sure that I have the envelope ready to go when the voucher arrives.

I ordered 3 $50 vouchers on 3/2 and they arrived yesterday 3/11. I will mail them to RCI on Mon. and presume they will be on my account for our 4/16 sailing. I do know to make copies of them before mailing, front and back, and bring them with me to the ship. Thanks to these wonderful boards where one can learn absolutely anything about cruising! Love ya!

I requested 4 vouchers for $50.00 each on board credit. The first one came in about 7 days the second a day later and the last two came two days later. I called after receiving the first to make sure they did not process my request incorrectly. I did make copies front and back before forwarding them to RCL. Has anyone ever had a problem with them not crediting on your sea pass?

You can also fax the copies to Royal Caribbean and then mail them, so they get them quicker. We did this last November about 2 weeks before our cruise. I also carried copies with us, but had no problem.

You can call and confirm that they have received them too. Don't have the phone numbers in front of me though.

I just called the customer service number on the back of the card. You have to enter your number and zip code, then it starts giving your account info...just hit 0 to get to an operator. The prompt are confusing, so just bypass them!

So, since this is my first time using the vouchers, do I send the voucher to RCI or my TA?

Thanks!

and the rep, as he did with me, took 20,000 points & gave me 2 certificates. #1 15,000 points for $150 onboard credit & #2 5,000 points for $50 onboard credit = $200 onboard credit. 6 days later they arrived in the mail. I filled out the back with my name, booking #, ship name & sail date. I wrote $150 onboard credit on the 15,000 one & $50 onboard credit on the 5,000 one.

Then I mailed them to RCCL at the address posted on them. Made a copy for my cruise file & scanned & emailed them to my TA so she follows up on them.

So 5/14 I do expect my $200 onboard credit with the $200 onboard credit for being a stockholder on our 12 nt cruise of Europe/Baltic. If not I have the proof! Not like Celebrity 11/20 who moved my $100 onbaord credit to a different cruise than I arranged. Last week I got 10,000 points put back on my Celebrity VISA account instead of them cutting me a $100 check.

Archived