Any One Cruise Mariner of the Sea...3/2007

:) My husband & I are taking our first cruise EVER!!! And I'd love to know if anyone else will be cruisin on that ship also. We'll be going to Cocoa Cay, St. Thomas & St. Maartin. If anyone has any tips for us (what to wear on formal night, on the islands) anything is greatly appreciated.

My DW and I will be cruising on the Mariner next October on the same itinerary. We have sailed on one of her sister ships, the Explorer. That was also an Eastern Carib. cruise. We really enjoyed the ship and the itinerary. These ships are beautiful, and you can't do everything that is available to do in one week.

I'd suggest reading a lot of the threads in the RCCL, St. Martin and St. Thomas forums, as well as the 1st Time Cruiser forum and others. You can also use the search feature. When you find a thread with "Hints and Tips" or something similar in the title you can get a lot of info there.

To answer your specific questions about what to pack/wear. On formal nights, I'd suggest anything from a party dress to a formal for ladies and a nice suit or tux for gentlemen. It can be as classy an evening as you want to make it.

On the islands I mostly wear shorts, t-shirt, sandals and a hat and sunglasses. Also, don't forget sunblock. The sun is very intense down there.

Above all - be flexible and don't let small things get in the way of your great time.:cool:

You will have the best vacation you've ever had.:D

Jeff

Hey HockeyMom12. Just got back from my 1st on the Mariner. Have a great time. I am trying to send a hello to a crew member that usually works the pool bar. His name is Marvin Purcell. You can't miss his infectious smile. If you happen to run across him, will you tell him Kimberly says hello and thanks for everything!!! Enjoy yourself, hope you don't get rain but if you do, go with the flow!!!

Archived