SDP and teenagers?

Paul_TO

I'm sure we're not the only people with this issue, but it's been difficult to find recent information.

Our 17 year old daughter is the third in the cabin under the Free at Sea.  None of the benefits, but also not listed when we want to pre-purchase an extra dining package for her so we aren't paying a la carte every time.  Norwegian's official T&C only says specialty dining isn't transferable, and is limited to one per person per night, implying that we can't buy extra under our names and use them for both ourselves and her.  Nothing about families, and the only suggestion for children is the kids menu for the under 11 set.

While we can probably do something on board, it would be nice to know for certain.

• Like 1

We sailed with our teenage son for many years and were always able to buy the dining package for him. I’m not sure why your daughter isn’t showing as an option for purchasing.

If you don’t want to phone now then you can always wait until you board to get her the package. Waiting does run the risk of the price increasing though.

we purchased a dining plan for both our teens for our upcoming cruise- they were listed on the reservation and purchasing options right along with us- definitely call- it's strange that she wouldn't be listed there. Can you see her name if you try to purchase a shore excursion? If you're using the app, maybe try it on a computer.

When I go into the NCL app on my iPhone, and then go to Dining, there's a specialty dining option, and I can click on my kids names to get 2 meals for them without adding them to me and my husband. I didn't go all the way through checkout though (we are using our 2 specialty dinings for date night - the kids can fend for themselves).

5 hours ago, Paul_TO said:

I'm sure we're not the only people with this issue, but it's been difficult to find recent information.

Our 17 year old daughter is the third in the cabin under the Free at Sea.  None of the benefits, but also not listed when we want to pre-purchase an extra dining package for her so we aren't paying a la carte every time.  Norwegian's official T&C only says specialty dining isn't transferable, and is limited to one per person per night, implying that we can't buy extra under our names and use them for both ourselves and her.  Nothing about families, and the only suggestion for children is the kids menu for the under 11 set.

While we can probably do something on board, it would be nice to know for certain.

there are 2 specialty dining options in the app/website.  One is an upgrade the other is the package.   Your 3rd will show that the upgrade is unavailable, but should have the option to purchase an SDP outright.   As others said, if you can’t find this,  call.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, geo.mac said:

there are 2 specialty dining options in the app/website.  One is an upgrade the other is the package.   Your 3rd will show that the upgrade is unavailable, but should have the option to purchase an SDP outright.   As others said, if you can’t find this,  call.

I think this is the answer. I suspect that the OP is looking at the upgrade. If they look at the normal package they will be able to purchase for their daughter.

• Like 3