I need help with NCL's Bahamas itinerary booking

QuanK585

I am trying to book a 7 day cruise to the Bahamas with NCL on president's day week in 2024 but have ran into some issues that I hope someone can help me figure out. I am not familiar with NCL's itinerary for the Bahamas, but similar cruise lines usually leave out of ports as far up as boston and travel to Nassua, Freeport, and usually a private island. As of 3/8/23, I am looking on their website for Bahama cruises, and their options are very limited, to say the least. There were only 3 sailings! I can barely find a cruise to there at all, let alone for president's day week! Is this typical for NCL? Does NCL not invest in this area, or are they filling them up as they go along and more sailing options will pop up later?

I assume its the latter because March and April are not even an option for the Bahamas in 2024 at the moment. I find it hard to believe that NONE of their ships would travel to the Bahamas on busy spring break season.

How long do you think it will take until they give us better options? I'm planning on using my FCCs for this cruise so that means I'd have to book it by August of this year.

4 hours ago, QuanK585 said:

I find it hard to believe that NONE of their ships would travel to the Bahamas on busy spring break season.

Bahamas is not as popular as it used to be other. They are other destinations like the Eastern/Western Caribbean that is more popular and that is where the ships go

17 minutes ago, shof515 said:

Bahamas is not as popular as it used to be other. They are other destinations like the Eastern/Western Caribbean that is more popular and that is where the ships go

The Bahamas set a single day passenger record according to news reports with 26,000 plus passengers one day last week.

8 hours ago, QuanK585 said:

I am trying to book a 7 day cruise to the Bahamas with NCL on president's day week in 2024 but have ran into some issues that I hope someone can help me figure out. I am not familiar with NCL's itinerary for the Bahamas, but similar cruise lines usually leave out of ports as far up as boston and travel to Nassua, Freeport, and usually a private island. As of 3/8/23, I am looking on their website for Bahama cruises, and their options are very limited, to say the least. There were only 3 sailings! I can barely find a cruise to there at all, let alone for president's day week! Is this typical for NCL? Does NCL not invest in this area, or are they filling them up as they go along and more sailing options will pop up later?

I assume its the latter because March and April are not even an option for the Bahamas in 2024 at the moment. I find it hard to believe that NONE of their ships would travel to the Bahamas on busy spring break season.

How long do you think it will take until they give us better options? I'm planning on using my FCCs for this cruise so that means I'd have to book it by August of this year.

If you are departing from NY then try MSC or Carnival. Both are doing similar Florida/Bahamas itineraries. Most likely why NCL is scaling back their 7 day Bahama runs. NCL can't like the fact that there are now two more options for year round NYC cruising ! I like having choices !!