Bedding question

bostonfred

Sorry, but looking for information on bed configuration. In the past, we would ask that bed be split into two twins. I tend to toss and turn all night and the little bit of separation really helps my wife.

i can’t quite understand how the beds work, people mentioned L shaped set up if bed is split. We would be looking at a balcony cabin. Also, I saw someone say they were harder than concrete. Can someone try to clarify issue...much appreciated..😊

In the normal Sea Terrace (balcony) cabins, when you enter the room  the bed will be set up as one large bed.  Your cabin host can rotate one half so there is the L configuration--you decide whether you want your heads or your feet near each other.  Each bed, when separated, is a standard twin size bed.  You can have the beds left in this configuration or changed back to a large bed each day, but most people choose to leave it in whatever set up they want.  There are photos on You Tube and other places.  I just googled "Photo of Virgin Voyages L shape bed set up" and got 20+ photos showing it both made up as beds and as the couch.

The beds are not hard...they are totally wonderfully comfortable.  You could choose to bring along an egg crate topper if you are concerned.

Another alternative is to book a cabin that holds 3 people even though there are only 2 of you.  One person can take the big bed and the other can use the "third person" bed.  A room that holds 3 but it booked by 2 is the same cost as a room that holds 2...but you'll find it easier to do thru a travel agent.  Booking on line will only give you the number you need with no ability to select rooms and communication with the shoreside agents by phone can be challenging.

• Like 3