Puffins

10 hours ago, fmrlkr said:

I am looking for a good Puffin tour.  We will be in Iceland May 22, 23, 24 & 25.  Akureyri, Isafjordur and Reykjavik.  Any suggestions?

I have no experience in any specific tours, but after little research I gather that your best chances are either from Ísafjörður (nearby Vigur island) or Reykjavík (Akurey and Lundey islands).

Found a comprehensive blog post on puffins in Iceland that probably can give you further information.

• Like 1

Puffin tours that only take you to water sightings are less interesting than ones where you see them on land, because in the water you don't get to see their brightly colored feet and you just don't get as close to them as you do on land.

I'd suggest Vigur island from the above list, if you can't get a tour to Latrabjarg, which we thought was by far the best place to see Puffins, having also seen them on Vigur, near Vik, and on a boat tour out of Reykjavik.  Other folks swear by the East fjords or Westman Island, but we haven't been to those places in the right season

• Like 1