Beach break in Antigua advice

sh1955

Initially, I was  interested in the Blue Waters  resort, but the cost is a bit steep for me of $150 per adult for a few hours in the beach. 

Has  anyone used Caribbean day pass with the $80 not all inclusive offer?

I’m open to other suggestions for a more affordable beach break in Antigua.

Tell me what you would recommend!

Thank you!!!

Negotiate a $20 taxi - $30 at most. Get 2 chairs and an umbrella at most beaches for $20. I would avoid Jolly as there are gangs of guys who run the beach and try to scam people. At The Nest they went up when they saw me give my card to open a tab and were telling them to charge some jet ski rentals to it - And I hadn't done any jet skis or had any business with them. Go to Ffryes or the North Side of Jolly in front of Pop Up beach bar. Pop Up was great with great selection.

Also, take and use cash only. They take USD.

Edited by jbright
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Roxxy said:

I have it booked for early May.  I'll report when I get back.

I've emailed them about our visit in April, I'll let YOU know when we get back, if we end up going there. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 months later...

We actually took a taxi down to Jolly Beach with a group of people from the ship and decided it was not worth the extra cost.  It was  a beautiful beach with gorgeous water which we enjoyed and just paid $20 for the 2 chairs and umbrella.

There was a restaurant and bathrooms on site but the restaurant did not seem to clean so we went back to the ship after 3.5 hours. lol

• Like 1

It was pre-COVID, so it's been a couple years, but I did an excursion to Nelson's Dockyard that included time at Valley Church beach. Hard to remember a lot of details, but I liked that beach. I made a little memory book and marked it as my favorite. Rolling waves like a wave pool and sand made of tiny crushed shells, so it was a little coarse. I don't remember all the amenities - we really just lounged and swam in the water. Only one vendor came up to us, and she was really sweet.