Has anyone booked a B2B while on a cruise? Discount?

Gen X Life

We are going on a cruise in the MED, trying to decide: making it a B2B or getting off the ship and winging it depending on how we feel.  

TLDR:  Has anyone booked the second leg of a B2B while on the ship - HOW DOES THIS WORK? DID YOU GET A DISCOUNT (Prices have dropped) ? OR Should we just book B2B now; Cruise is coming up fast.

****ALSO:  Can you use a Future Cruise Cert ($300.00) while on the Ship for next cruise??

Flights already booked and timeframe fits.

Appreciate Input.... Thank you.

Edited by Gen X Life
added info

You can book at the prevailing rate, using any current promos/discounts.  Many people did exactly that when I was on the Dawn in South Africa.  Only guaranteed discount would be within category upgrade but the CN manager might be able to use a little magic to get a little better upgrade, depending on the ship capacity.

I don't see any reason that a valid FCC certificate couldn't be used - but if it's FCC from a price drop on the current cruise, then no, as that's not valid until after the cruise is completed.

1 hour ago, julig22 said:

You can book at the prevailing rate, using any current promos/discounts.  Many people did exactly that when I was on the Dawn in South Africa.  Only guaranteed discount would be within category upgrade but the CN manager might be able to use a little magic to get a little better upgrade, depending on the ship capacity.

I don't see any reason that a valid FCC certificate couldn't be used - but if it's FCC from a price drop on the current cruise, then no, as that's not valid until after the cruise is completed.

Thank you... No it is a Certificate: bought for $150us good for $300us future cruise; I was just wondering if it could be used in this case on board to book 2nd leg.

There are many open cabins available at this time, so we are not too worried of a mad rush to capacity.. if we have to move cabins that is fine with us. Just a balcony cabin nothing special - will be fine.  It is a very different itinerary from first leg, very port intensive.

We are leaning towards just booking it now, and just relax - take the stress out of travel.

10 minutes ago, Gen X Life said:

Thank you... No it is a Certificate: bought for $150us good for $300us future cruise; I was just wondering if it could be used in this case on board to book 2nd leg.

To clarify, what you are describing sounds like a CruiseFirst certificate, which is different than FCC. Those can only be used 4 months after purchase, so it would depend on when you bought it.

34 minutes ago, Gen X Life said:

There are many open cabins available at this time, so we are not too worried of a mad rush to capacity.. if we have to move cabins that is fine with us. Just a balcony cabin nothing special - will be fine.  It is a very different itinerary from first leg, very port intensive.

We are leaning towards just booking it now, and just relax - take the stress out of travel.

My only caution on this approach might be…that due to NCL’s cabin Upgrade bidding that now takes place, passengers on that second cruise will be moving into those balcony cabins from their current inside and ocean view cabins. I would expect less balconies to be available by the time you get on board the first cruise.  But perhaps there will still be some available. 

4 hours ago, MeHeartCruising said:

My only caution on this approach might be…that due to NCL’s cabin Upgrade bidding that now takes place, passengers on that second cruise will be moving into those balcony cabins from their current inside and ocean view cabins. I would expect less balconies to be available by the time you get on board the first cruise.  But perhaps there will still be some available. 

Wow; did not think of that ... we always choose our cabin and stick with it.  Forgot about the bidding process.

We never check our updates or notices but did today and found a 10% off coupon from NCL, so that could also encourage more people to book - it is certainly helping us to decide to just do the B2B.

Thank you for the reminder and update.  

• Like 2