Dubrovnik Cable Car

On 7/27/2023 at 3:00 PM, John Bull said:

You mean to the top station????

Thanks to JB who planted a seed of doubt in my head, enough for me to check the accuracy of what I had previously posted.

To anyone reading this, my most humble apologies. I always try to give only accurate information to other CCers, not wrong or misleading info, but on this occasion have to hold hands high and confess I got it wrong.

I was confusing lower and upper cable car stations.  I have checked with Libertas (the Dubrovnik bus company) and received this reply.

There are no bus lines that are operarated by Libertas that go to the upper station of the Cable car, due to the very narrow road infrasteucture.( How they must have laughed when I asked about upper rather than lower station!)

Libertas does have a few bus lines that go to the lower cable car station (number 10). 

I do know for certain that bus #10 is the Cavtat bus as we have used it several times.  Note that this one leaves from  inside the bus station, not from the main road outside. I do not know how the fares work as all the times we used it, we only paid for the full out of town run from Gruz to Cavtat,and due to the distance, that fare is different from the  bus fares within the town.

And the cable car website itself directs cruise pax from Gruz to the lower cable car station by bus #8.

Once again, my most sincere apologies. It is not as if we have never visited Dubrovnik, actually visited 7 times in total but these days I am having too many "senior moments". 

As always, CC can help you start your research, but would advise you to check the finer details yourselves.

Edited by edinburgher

1 hour ago, edinburgher said:

Once again, my most sincere apologies. It is not as if we have never visited Dubrovnik, actually visited 7 times in total but these days I am having too many "senior moments". 

No worries Edinburgher, we all have those moments. You have always provided many helpful nuggets of advice on many ports of calls of which I’ve alway appreciated! 

7 minutes ago, CruzPotato said:

No worries Edinburgher, we all have those moments. You have always provided many helpful nuggets of advice on many ports of calls of which I’ve alway appreciated! 

Thank you for your kind words and understandng.