Excursion discounts

dilbertsdaddy

Wondering when the best time to expect tour discounts.  Right now it shows 15% for my July trip.

Any upside or downside to booking before/after final payment?  Using OBC for tour

Thanks!

Edited by dilbertsdaddy

57 minutes ago, dilbertsdaddy said:

Wondering when the best time to expect tour discounts.  Right now it shows 15% for my July trip.

Any upside or downside to booking before/after final payment?  Using OBC for tour

Thanks!

The downside to waiting is that your excursion will be full before you are able to sign up.  It is best to book now and then watch for discounts.  If/when they a better price appears, you can cancel/rebook.

11 hours ago, dilbertsdaddy said:

Thanks!

Book as soon as possible. Prices will go up. If there is a sale greater than 15% then you can cancel and rebook.

the biggest downside to waiting until you're on board is that you will pay more and a lot of the shore excursions will be booked up. We are on a July cruise to Greece. We booked our cruise almost a year ago. Since they added the shore excursions, I've seen one major price increase and I think two sales of 30% off.

In other cruises, in the past two years, I've seen prices increase as the sailing approaches and I'm not feeling any big sales before summer on shore excursions this year, but I will be happy to be wrong.

I've booked everything possible for my trip bc prices are probably going to continue to go up on everything- hotels, transportation, excursions; etc. just as they are in everything else in the economy. I'm definitely glad I booked airfare last August as it has doubled. 

There will be excursions to book on board but they will be limited, the cool ones will be sold out and you will pay more. 

Hope this helps! 

I jumped on a 30% off sale in February and booked all my excursions for Nov/Dec.  i saved a few hundred dollars and can relax knowing its all sorted.  Better to book while available and negotiate after a price drop than wait too long and miss out.